The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wouldn't be surprised in the least if he's given a new contract this week now.

To be honest I would prefer if they stuck to the plan of negotiating at the end of the season. We shouldn't be making managerial decisions based on short periods of time or on press speculation.

If he's sustained his success then give him the contract he deserves.

Problem as I see it, is he's not on top dollar at all and if he wants to recruit a decent No 2 already in employment we could have a ludicrous situation where the assistant is on more than the boss.

If that is the case I'd re-negociate his now and give him what he's due.

One of my favorite moments yesterday was when everyone was singing his name. Great feeling, I bet he fucking loved it too. We love your Chrissy Lad!

I'm a right soft shite like. When the crowd were singing his name and he waved to the Gallowgate, I was filling up.

One of my favorite moments yesterday was when everyone was singing his name. Great feeling, I bet he f***ing loved it too. We love your Chrissy Lad!

I'm a right soft s**** like. When the crowd were singing his name and he waved to the Gallowgate, I was filling up.

Glad I wasn't the only one  :blush:  :snod:

Loved his attention to detail yesterday. He knows Williamsons confidence in possesion at home is fragile, so he spent 20mns in his tracksuit out on the pitch working one to one with him ignoring all others, on heading and kicking the ball away, right up until they went back in 10mns before kick off

You could tell he was saying this is what your good at son, lets get in the zone, you can beat them all.

superb.

Quick change into the suit complete with poppy was a good touch afterwards.

Loved his attention to detail yesterday. He knows Williamsons confidence in possesion at home is fragile, so he spent 20mns in his tracksuit out on the pitch working one to one with him ignoring all others, on heading and kicking the ball away, right up until they went back in 10mns before kick off

You could tell he was saying this is what your good at son, lets get in the zone, you can beat them all.

superb.

Shows how good Hughton is in terms of man-managing as well.

Wonder if he can become 'our Sir Alex' and be our manager for the next 20 years or so. (And bring some trophies...)

superb.

Didn't pick up on that, good post.

Great work by Hughton there.

Guest Stephen927

One of my favorite moments yesterday was when everyone was singing his name. Great feeling, I bet he fucking loved it too. We love your Chrissy Lad!

Loved that, a great big fuck you to the London press.

Hughton hopes to appoint a new assistant to replace Colin Calderwood, who is now managing Hibernian, this week with Brian Kerr, the former Ireland manager, who is currently in charge of the Faroe Isles, understood to be in contention.

What, in my opinion, an awfully-constructed, for a professional journalist, sentence.

Guest firetotheworks

Hughton hopes to appoint a new assistant to replace Colin Calderwood, who is now managing Hibernian, this week with Brian Kerr, the former Ireland manager, who is currently in charge of the Faroe Isles, understood to be in contention.

What, in my opinion, an awfully-constructed, for a professional journalist, sentence.

She probably used talk type, the commas represent the bits where she burst into tears.

Actually wait, I raise you Dave:

A programme that posits the notion of leonine alpha-male big beasts of the suburban conservatory sharing tobacco-smooth post-snifter badinage – not even behind a desk, but right out in front on the crotch-fanning plinth of the low-slung sofa – suddenly became noticeably stiff‑backed and taut, its banter infused with fresh levels of glazed menace.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/oct/30/punditry-match-of-the-day

Guest firetotheworks

A programme that posits the notion of leonine alpha-male big beasts of the suburban conservatory sharing tobacco-smooth post-snifter badinage – not even behind a desk, but right out in front on the crotch-fanning plinth of the low-slung sofa – suddenly became noticeably stiff‑backed and taut, its banter infused with fresh levels of glazed menace.

That's actually alright, if you've ever attempted to read Faulkner.

Guest Heneage

Hughton has such class. I watched him yesterday in the midst of a fantastic victory once again asked; "Has the speculation made it difficult?" And with a wry smile he ignored the chance to rant like so many of his fellow professionals, instead choosing to once again praise a group of players he has united and brought from the wilderness of the Championship.

He may not always get it right tactically, but when it comes to the media he is a credit to the club.

That's not bad tbh. Dave wins by a country mile.

The man is bloody great and I really find it hard to believe he will be hated or anything if it goes tits up (which I dont think it will). He has done a lot in his short time as manager here to be remembered by us for a long time (winning the Championship in such style, beating Villa 6-0 and of course beating the mackems 5-1).

One of the best things about yesterdays result is seeing so many people who were unsure on him and even those who wanted rid of him, come out in this thread and call for his new contract to be taken care of.

Also, one of the main things Hughton has brought to our club is a great togetherness. The players look like they are playing for him, for each other and the fans are backing the manager and players 100%. All this needs now is for Ashley to give the man the contract he deserves.