The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I dont know where our next win is coming from tbh. I dont think we will win again in 2010, although the way this season is going we will probably beat Liverpool and Spurs away or something. Hopefully we can get something from Brum in 2 weeks but other than that I think we have to look at our first 2 games of 2011 for points. 25 points on the 5th of January would be brilliant though.

If anything our form might make Ashley and Hughton buy in January, which would be a huge positive, but if we win our first 2 games in Jan then they will probably think we are alright :undecided: No one said this season was going to be easy, it most definitely isnt.

I have no doubt Hughton will want to get a couple in no matter how many times we will say in the papers/interviews that he is happy with the squad as it is (which people will shit the bed about).

Of the 3 promoted teams, we're by far the most cautious. It speaks volumes, considering we finished 11 points clear of one and 32 points clear of the other.

This is the thing that sticks out for me the most. Both West Brom and Blackpool have beat us this season, the latter and more weaker even beat us at home, even though a few months before that we destroyed them at home. Its like we are afraid to go after teams and hammer them about 3-0, which we are definitely capable of doing against the likes of Blackpool and Wigan at St James' Park.

This is when we'll see what Hughton is made of now, first really big test for me as manager on how to stop this rot.

:sadnod:

It's fine when everything is going right, but when the injuries rack up and the poor results continue to come in, it's a brilliant test of his ability to handle it in the Premiership. I just hope he's got something about him, I really do.

Guest neesy111

This is when we'll see what Hughton is made of now, first really big test for me as manager on how to stop this rot.

It's fine when everything is going right, but when the injuries rack up and the poor results continue to come in, it's a brilliant test of his ability to handle it in the Premiership. I just hope he's got something about him, I really do.

Everyone does, do you think he might be struggling with the lack of a number 2 ???

Guest neesy111

'You' are Hughton?  :lol:

:lol:

We look soft on the road at the moment. At Birmingham we simply have to show a bit more bite. The way things are going though, Barton will pick up a yellow v Liverpool and miss the game.

Of the 3 promoted teams, we're by far the most cautious. It speaks volumes, considering we finished 11 points clear of one and 32 points clear of the other.

This is the thing that sticks out for me the most. Both West Brom and Blackpool have beat us this season, the latter and more weaker even beat us at home, even though a few months before that we destroyed them at home. Its like we are afraid to go after teams and hammer them about 3-0, which we are definitely capable of doing against the likes of Blackpool and Wigan at St James' Park.

This is a valid point, cause when we do cut loose/get an early goal, we have dominated games for long spells.

This is the thing that sticks out for me the most. Both West Brom and Blackpool have beat us this season, the latter

and more weaker even beat us at home, even though a few months before that we destroyed them at home. Its like we are afraid to go after teams and hammer them about 3-0, which we are definitely capable of doing against the likes of Blackpool and Wigan at St James' Park.

It's interesting that people think Wba haven't spent much cause they spent 10m or so in the summer and they are the opp of what we are....Most of the side are big, pacey and mobile.

Fact remains that the two sides who we eventually stormed away from to win the league have both beaten us fairly comfortably whilst playing better and more adventurous football.

Fact remains that the two sides who we eventually stormed away from to win the league have both beaten us fairly comfortably whilst playing better and more adventurous football.

They're fearless, and we play nervous as f*** against them. Backing off, giving the opposition way too much space. Yet sometimes, it just clicks and we look like world beaters. The most frustrating side we've ever had.

We're a side lacking in motivation, self belief & any sort of positive tactics at the moment in about four of every five games, particularly at home.

And that comes down to the manager.

I thought all your comments on Hughton were meant to be part of one big WUM joke?  That's what you seen to be demonstrating recently at least.

Do you really not rate him?

We're a side lacking in motivation, self belief & any sort of positive tactics at the moment in about four of every five games, particularly at home.

I thought all your comments on Hughton were meant to be part of one big WUM joke?  That's what you seen to be demonstrating recently at least.

The stuff earlier in the week about the contracts was clearly a joke.

What do you disagree with above?

I didn't say I disagreed with any of it.  Just can't tell when you're taking the piss, you said we'd be bottom by Boxing Day or something recently.

I know there's a few on here that would be happy to see him gone, I for one don't think Ashley will get rid, but ask yourselves this - would you have any confidence that Ashley would replace him with a better manager? I'd be bricking it personally.

I didn't say I disagreed with any of it.  Just can't tell when you're taking the piss, you said we'd be bottom by Boxing Day or something recently.

I said we'd be bottom three on Boxing Day.  Still think we will be tbh. :(

sack the t*** NOW

that was an embarassing display of total NON football.  Why is this clueless idiot making the same mistakes over and over again.

Absolutely incompotent management. NO excuses.

Which mistakes?