The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The more important question than if he's 'good enough' is if you think Ashley is capable of getting anyone better.

I don't know if anyone remembers what I said a few weeks back but it's all being worked on this afternoon. The nightmare scenario.

How is the contract situation having an effect on the team exactly? (Genuine question)

Don't think it is, it's the press and then the fans who seem to be getting uptight about it.

Thing that is affecting the team is missing key players and the rather lacklustre performances of some of the stand ins and those who remain.

The more important question than if he's 'good enough' is if you think Ashley is capable of getting anyone better.

I don't know if anyone remembers what I said a few weeks back but it's all being worked on this afternoon. The nightmare scenario.

I remember what you said - Pardew in...

Hughtons odds of being the next managed sacked have been slashed. and William Hill are no longer taking bets on it.

looks like he could be on his way out

hope not

would mean too much disruption to the squad

Talk of Hughton going.

Some folk on here are fucking laughable like. The aim this season was to survive, regardless of early season 6-0 and 5-1 wins. Something we're currently on course to do.

I'd fucking love to see who'd replace him aswell, they'd be either desperate or have a screw loose to come and work under Ashley like.

Hughtons odds of being the next managed sacked have been slashed. and William Hill are no longer taking bets on it.

hope not

why do you think it looks like he is on his way out? Because a load of people have put money on him? Doesnt mean bott all. String of bad results = odds slashed. Only Ashley knows how close he is to the sack, not the bookies.

Hughton or Pardew? Hmmm...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSFHOUSIQ-vguNhgSFvxA91KAu9eTm0_pw4vUNLe-91e67aEE4

All is forgiven my lord  :smitten:

There’s no way we should rush into sacking Hughton when we’re still in what is a relatively healthy position. While the results at Bolton and West Brom were poor and may have raised question marks about his future they were down to injury and suspension as much as bad management.

Personally I didn’t agree with the tactics yet, particularly in the first half, it’s the first time this season I’ve totally disagreed with something Hughton has done. Then again you look at the midfield and you can see other reasons we were may have been sitting so deep. Guthrie doesn’t exactly push on while Routledge struggled to get into the game and Jonas was sloppy in possession, we may not have been able to push out because the personnel were not good enough to do so. Either way yesterday’s first half was unacceptable.

It’s easy to forget we’ve been without our first choice centre backs and possibly our most creative midfielder in recent week, it’s difficult to see how sides in our position wouldn’t struggle. Yet, we’re still in a relatively healthy position. We’re on a bad run, but we’ve shown we’re more than capable of picking up clusters of results that will give us the points we need to survive.

At this moment in time I believe sacking Hughton would be counterproductive. We’d be heading into a busy Christmas period with no manager, a disappointed squad and a search for a replacement that may prove no better. Add to that he’s doing a relatively good job and I believe it would be foolish to sack him at this moment in time.

hope not

why do you think it looks like he is on his way out? Because a load of people have put money on him? Doesnt mean bott all. String of bad results = odds slashed. Only Ashley knows how close he is to the sack, not the bookies.

Anyone going to go there  :lol:

hope not

touche

hope not

could provide the transfer kitty for jan............. :weep:

pardew out