The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

His objective is to avoid relegation, don't think he's done too bad did he? still got my support.

If the season was meant to end in December, it would. 4 points with our fixture list isn't that great of a gap.

His objective is to avoid relegation, don't think he's done too bad did he? still got my support.

No, no - you've got it all wrong. The target was European qualification and that's what all the fans demanded. We've in actual fact been relegated already due to a new rule that says the instant teams drop out of the top half of the table they're automatically doomed.

No, no - you've got it all wrong. The target was European qualification and that's what all the fans demanded. We've in actual fact been relegated already due to a new rule that says the instant teams drop out of the top half of the table they're automatically doomed.

Exaggerate the opinion you don't agree with - there's something I've not seen before.

Well looking at the fixtures and the likely position we are in at the end of Dec, it's hardly a surprise.

That said, if we really sack CH, we fully deserve to go down again.

Utter nonsense.

It just sets a terrible precedent though.  What do we do if we are in the same position in ten games time with the new manager? Sack him?  Where does it end, we need to at least one manager the time to build his own squad and implement his own tactics.  This generally does not happen overnight.  Even Mourinho concedes that he needs two years to mould his teams.

Exaggerate the opinion you don't agree with - there's something I've not seen before.

That's correct, it was in the post immediately before that one.

That's correct, it was in the post immediately before that one.

?

All I was saying was we haven't 'avoided relegation' yet, so it's not job done.

Hughton's done a good job with the squad we've got. To say he should be sacked is absolute s****.

With regards to the upcoming fixtures, we picked up 10 points from Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton and Villa, 4 of the better sides in the league. There's no saying we can't pick up points in the next few games.

Four points off the relegation zone. :omg:

Four points off sixth. :omg:

According to the Premier League table we're currently ranked as a mid-table team, which means we have and will continue to lose just as many (if not more) games than we win. That's probably better than most of us expected at the start of the season. Our present form isn't good and by no means am I saying I'm not worried at all, but the fact we're still 11th means not only are others just as bad as us at throwing points away, they're actually worse. Changing the manager at this stage would be a ridiculous risk, if not outright suicide considering the current regime's track record of employing them.

Again, I'm just ranting to myself here before anyone takes offence. ;)

:thup:

Sometimes, sarcasm explains things best.

Aye, your a master at it.

Guest neesy111

While I disagreed with Jonny Hall after the Bolton game, I think he's right that the performances against teams we should be able to compete against at least have been woeful and are getting worse not better.

Think the club need to back him with a contract this week and bring in a No2 or get rid. Don't think the middle ground is helping us here, it might be the right business decision (and for a while I backed it thinking its what's best for the club) but unrest, odds dropping, form dire, its all building up to decision time anyway so they might as well take the initiative and make a quick decision.

He's a middle of the road manager at best, but that with the entire backing of the club is good enough for us right now, but with uncertainty spreading causing problems its undermining his position as manager. Without a stable long term future he's got nothing on the players, falls out with one and they'll not give a shit since a few more poor performances and its likely he's gone anyway if not end of the season, a player can wait that out. Sort of SBR in his final season after FFS announced he'd be leaving.

Either way I want his position sorted ASAP and we can move on and unite the club.

According to the Premier League table we're currently ranked as a mid-table team, which means we have and will continue to lose just as many (if not more) games than we win. That's probably better than most of us expected at the start of the season. Our present form isn't good and by no means am I saying I'm not worried at all, but the fact we're still 11th means not only are others just as bad as us at throwing points away, they're actually worse. Changing the manager at this stage would be a ridiculous risk, if not outright suicide considering the current regime's track record of employing them.

Not to mention that we have 6 absolute first choice players to return between the next match and March, Gosling to enter the equation and hopefully the addition of an experienced quality striker in January.

Not to mention that we have 6 absolute first choice players to return between the next match and March, Gosling to enter the equation and hopefully the addition of an experienced quality striker in January.

We're going down then...

Think the club need to back him with a contract this week and bring in a No2 or get rid. Don't think the middle ground is helping us here, it might be the right business decision (and for a while I backed it thinking its what's best for the club) but unrest, odds dropping, form dire, its all building up to decision time anyway so they might as well take the initiative and make a quick decision.

He's a middle of the road manager at best, but that with the entire backing of the club is good enough for us right now, but with uncertainty spreading causing problems and its undermining his position as manager. Without a stable long term future he's got nothing on the players, falls out with one and they'll not give a shit since a few more poor performances and its likely he's gone anyway if not end of the season, a player can wait that out. Sort of SBR in his final season after FFS announced he'd be leaving.

Either way I want his position sorted ASAP and we can move on and unite the club.

I don't think we can define him as a manager just yet, but other than that I totally agree.

We're going down then...

Dunno if you read the "hopefully". The others are givens, the striker bit is a desire.

While desirable I don't, as you seem to, think it's the difference between staying up and going down, but extra quality in the final third of the pitch will help enormously.

We're going down then...

Dunno if you read the "hopefully". The others are givens, the striker bit is a desire.

While desirable I don't, as you seem to, think it's the difference between staying up and going down, but extra quality in the final third of the pitch will help enormously.

I do think it could prove to be the difference between staying up and going down. Carroll seems to be the only one capable of scoring consistently up there and when we lose him (which we will because I doubt he'll play EVERY game this season), we need someone to fill in the gaps. We need a goalscorer and desperately.