The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fair play to him, he's really upped his game in the last month or two, especially at home. 

The criticisms which were rightly levelled at him over our negative style of play in games where should be forcing the pace can't be made now & the right selection of the right players in their strongest positions is really paying off.

:thup:

Fair play to him, he's really upped his game in the last month or two, especially at home. 

The criticisms which were rightly levelled at him over our negative style of play in games where should be forcing the pace can't be made now & the right selection of the right players in their strongest positions is really paying off.

Truth, he seems to be learning that we can just go out and try to beat teams in this division.

`His dropping of Smith is a good sign... even though I hate Nolan, Hughton has realised that we don't need that dedicated defensive midfield player.

Truth, he seems to be learning that we can just go out and try to beat teams in this division.

`His dropping of Smith is a good sign... even though I hate Nolan, Hughton has realised that we don't need that dedicated defensive midfield player.

We'll see what happens when he returns from injury

We'll see what happens when he returns from injury

The same what happend to Butt. First Hughton will say that Smith is the captain, a very good lad, natural leader and will soon play again. What Smith will get will be playing times of about 20 mins and probably start some away games. That's what I hope and think will happen, obviously.

Performances at home have improved, and we're taking advantage of weaker teams now which is what I was crying out for.

He needs to sort out our failure to turn up away from home to get some real praise from me.

Yeah you were right all along, your long term perspective and expertise has shamed Hughton's results tbh.

i'd really hoped watford was a turning point in away games in that we dominated. these two games coming up are massivly important and he ahs to get it right not so much in team selection but in mentality.

i'd really hoped watford was a turning point in away games in that we dominated. these two games coming up are massivly important and he ahs to get it right not so much in team selection but in mentality.

We didn't dominate, put in a much better defensive performance though. The mentality was very much to hold onto to what we had. It might have been different had we not got the early goal though.

Performances at home have improved, and we're taking advantage of weaker teams now which is what I was crying out for.

He needs to sort out our failure to turn up away from home to get some real praise from me.

Yeah you were right all along, your long term perspective and expertise has shamed Hughton's results tbh.

:lol: Nice bite.

Once again, I was screaming at the telly for him to make a substitution, and once again he was vindicated in his decision.

We might have scored more if he'd taken Best off, he was lucky today and nothing else.

Thought he got it 100% spot on in the second half swapping the wingers over and putting Jonas against their makeshift right-back. Won us the point in the end.

Hold on mate, you're not supposed to point out stuff which makes it look like Hughton knows anything about football. Stick to the script - he's Ashley's puppet and we are top of the league DESPITE Hughton's worthless efforts  O0

Guest malandro

Thought he got it 100% spot on in the second half swapping the wingers over and putting Jonas against their makeshift right-back. Won us the point in the end.

Bristol gifting us goal got us back in the game, not swapping the wingers over. I don’t think Hughton did anything wrong today, or right. Like a lot of games this season the result owed as much to the oppositions failings as our strengths.

He was lucky today, he did nothing to change the game.

Teams don't often come back from 0-2 down away at half time, away from home, and secure a point.  When they do, good management plays a big part in that.  It isn't just down to tactics and substitutions.  Newcastle sides from the not so distant past have given up in similar situations.  This side didn't, and they almost never do when they go behind.  He may sound fucking dull in his media interviews, but he does a good job inspiring confidence and professionalism with the players and that is what counts. 

Once again we went away from home and seemed very content from the off to sit back and let the wingers and Carroll get isolated, it needs to stop.

How would you stop it? Since all of our central midfielders including your chosen one Guthrie have about as much stamina as Jimmy Five Bellies on a Saturday night it's no surprise the forwards get isolated.