The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Today he:

Played our best eleven available players. :thup:

Played them all in their right positions, no square pegs in round holes :thup:

Made the right substitution when Carroll had to come off :thup:

Did not make needless substitutions that could have messed up our rhythm and flow (ie bringing Barton or Best on) :thup:

Celebrated the goals in legendary style :thup:

Er... he did bring Barton on.

We were 2-0 up and there was about 2mins left.

Today he:

Did not make needless substitutions that could have messed up our rhythm and flow (ie bringing Barton or Best on)  :thup:

:facepalm:

Today he:

Did not make needless substitutions that could have messed up our rhythm and flow (ie bringing Barton or Best on)  :thup:

Aye, but not until 2-0 with about a minute to go. I was worried he'd be brought on around the 75 minute mark, which would have been a big mistake IMO.

I like Barton btw, it was just not the right thing to do to change anything at that point in the game, and well done Chris for not making any changes.

Today he:

I noticed this as well some of the passing once Barton was on was shocking & just shows up all those people who thought the football we play would improve on Bartons return. Anyone who missed Barton when he came & how the game changed the game is going to be shown again on SKY at 01:45am.

Today he:

I noticed this as well some of the passing once Barton was on was shocking & just shows up all those people who thought the football we play would improve on Bartons return. Anyone who missed Barton when he came & how the game changed the game is going to be shown again on SKY at 01:45am.

The game did change once Barton came on? He came on with about 60 seconds still to play man.

Today he:

:thup:

Today he:

You can't be serious, he only played about a nanosecond.

Guest palnese

Fair play to him. But keeping Nolan on all game when it's clear he's the weakest link is becoming a bit tiresome.

Nolan was one of our better performers today tbf.

What's impressed me the most about Hughton's reign is the way we've bounced back from setbacks. After the defeats to Blackpool, Forest and Deby we could have quite easily gone on a poor run, however after every game we went on to win the next one.

More importantly you can see for the first time, in a long time this Newcastle team is brimmimng with confidence and has a re-knewed sense of belief, passion and togeatherness that will be vital next season.

:clap:

Fair play to him. But keeping Nolan on all game when it's clear he's the weakest link is becoming a bit tiresome.

Nolan played well tonight man.

He did, and he played in a lot deeper role than he usually plays. Nolan blocked a lot of their play tonight - respect.

Nolan played well tonight man.

They ran circles around him. He made a few blocks here and there but he largely contributed nowt to our attack, his passing was iffy as usual. The rest of the midfield does his work far too often.

We won 2-0, easily pleased. If we'd lost 2-0 he'd be getting a dog's abuse. I can't wait for Barton to replace him in the starting Xl.

If we'd lost 2-0 he probably wouldn't have played like he did tonight, which would probably leave him open for criticism.

What's impressed me the most about Hughton's reign is the way we've bounced back from setbacks. After the defeats to Blackpool, Forest and Deby we could have quite easily gone on a poor run, however after every game we went on to win the next one.

More importantly you can see for the first time, in a long time this Newcastle team is brimmimng with confidence and has a re-knewed sense of belief, passion and togeatherness that will be vital next season.

:clap:

Very true, the spirit seems robust and a defeat doesn't cause a collapse. That will be really tested next season, but the signs are good.

Much improved over the last few months, fair play. I still think there are noticeably better options available to us for next season but I've accepted he'll be in charge and I'm starting to warm to the idea.