Kieron Dyer signs one-year contract extension with QPR

LoveItIfWeBeatU

According the Premier League stats, Dyer played more league games than all of them.

Edit: He actually made the joint most appearances that season excluding Given.

Interesting that his most injury free season is the season we get our highest league finish of the Bobby era.

Guest firetotheworks

People should never mention any two players within the same sentence, no matter how different. It just makes baby Jesus cry.

Dyer played the most games out of all of them ironically.

How is that irony?

We were brilliant that season. We were also brilliant the season before, most notably when Dyer was in the side. Away from home we relied primarily on Bellamy, Dyer and Robert.

How is that irony?

We were brilliant that season. We were also brilliant the season before, most notably when Dyer was in the side. Away from home we relied primarily on Bellamy, Dyer and Robert.

Reminded me of this, which I like any excuse to post.

Dyer and Bellamy were the explosive influence that cleared up space for Robert, Solano, and Shearer to be at their most potent. People talk in cliched terms about teams being one dimensional, but we were genuinely 4 or 5 dimensional back then.

Guest firetotheworks

Dyer and Bellamy were the explosive influence that cleared up space for Robert, Solano, and Shearer to be at their most potent. People talk in cliched terms about teams being one dimensional, but we were genuinely 4 or 5 dimensional back then.

:mackems:

I'm not laughing at you, I'm just laughing at the concept of a team being so good that they can control the 4th and 5th dimensions. Dr. Who and Sam from Quantum Leap up front.

How is that irony?

It's ironic because he was usually injured, but during that season played more than any of the other midfielders (yet still had a woeful statistical return despite his large number of appearances).

You really need to take Dyer for what he was. His ability to break at pace from midfield beyond the opposition defence made him at times unplayable. In a team set up for that type of play he was the best there was. He had something that couldn't be defended against and you couldn't set up a team to nullify him, he could see space and some of the runs he made were simply fantastic.

He couldn't finish, couldn't cross, at times couldn't see a 5 yard goal scoring pass and was a knob but in SBR's team a fit Dyer could make all the difference for us.

I thought Dyer was canny. Just a c**t.

Probably been mentioned 47 times but that cup game against Southampton  :smitten:

:nods:

All the people telling us what a terrible player he was will no doubt have a long list of attacking central midfielders we've had who were better than him in the last 20 years.

I thought Dyer was canny. Just a c**t.

Probably been mentioned 47 times but that cup game against Southampton  :smitten:

:nods:

All the people telling us what a terrible player he was will no doubt have a long list of attacking central midfielders we've had who were better than him in the last 20 years.

He was very good for us at times, can't quite get my head around some of the criticism of his ability. Injury proneness and attitude, then fair enough.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Rob Lee

Peter Beardsley

Gavin Peacock

(Lee Clark)

Nicky Papavasalou

Paul Gascoigne

Suppose its not that long, but then, I don't mind Dyer when he tries. Was just a total waster off the field (Hi, Gazza).

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Rob Lee

Peter Beardsley

Gavin Peacock

(Lee Clark)

Nicky Papavasalou

Paul Gascoigne

Suppose its not that long, but then, I don't mind Dyer when he tries. Was just a total waster off the field (Hi, Gazza).

Tidied.

:laugh:

I thought Dyer was very good at what he did. The amount of times he was able to pick up the ball in his own half and run with it to relieve the pressure, winning free-kicks, corners, giving the ball to those around him was crucial for us at that time, and complemented Speed's brain, Robert & Solano's set-piece delivery and crossing ability, Bellamy's pace to join him on the counter-attack and Shearer's ability to hold the ball up.