Kieron Dyer signs one-year contract extension with QPR

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I am a bit perplexed by how his footballing ability during the Sir Bobby Robson rein has really exaggerated for some of you on this board.  For a guy who couldn't pass, shoot or tackle it is a bit amazing since I remember reading pages and pages lamenting his poor performances time and time again.

He spent the majority of his NUFC career in center midfield but by the end of his time here he became such a liability in that part of the field that we tried him right midfield, up front and even right back.  Says a lot.

Says more about you than Dyer, or any fans who could see what he brought to us at the time.

Surely the most overpaid ( in terms of return ) in the History of the game.

Coloccini.

:facepalm:

LLLO hated Colo from basically the moment we signed him. Pathetic really.

This coming from someone that calls one of our players Cunterkrands. ;)

I am a bit perplexed by how his footballing ability during the Sir Bobby Robson rein has really exaggerated for some of you on this board.  For a guy who couldn't pass, shoot or tackle it is a bit amazing since I remember reading pages and pages lamenting his poor performances time and time again.

He spent the majority of his NUFC career in center midfield but by the end of his time here he became such a liability in that part of the field that we tried him right midfield, up front and even right back.  Says a lot.

Says more about you than Dyer, or any fans who could see what he brought to us at the time.

Since that reads like a Neesy post, from what I could understand from the above, how does him being played right back, right wing and occasionally striker say more about me exactly... surely he says more about the faults in his game?

Also, I didn't actually say he brought nothing to the team, over time his perceived influence in that era has been exaggerated remarkably.  This sudden change is what i pointed out since he was vilified many, many times here. 

After all he was a limited player with many, many flaws notably having zero positional sense and being a terrible passer of the ball.

Guest BooBoo

I've never found the Dyer hate very pleasant.

Yes he was a bit of a knob with his bling attitude but when he was interviewed following Bobby's death you could tell he was genuinely remourceful for his behaviour and very upset. Furthermore, it's just pretty grim rejoicing in any injury.

He was a quality player and along with Bellamy, epitomized our team under SBR; fast, exciting, gung-ho but failed to fulfill the world class potential that he and the team had. At one point he was worth 20m+, and that was before the fees became super-inflated. When Bellamy's hamstring went away to Villa was when our title challenge ended, but he and Dyer were fun as hell to watch, and for all their flaws, I'll always remember SBR's team fondly. The second goal at home to Leeds when Bellamy chested it down for him to smash home is a memory that sticks out, as does the winner against Feyenoord. Typical Dyer, that. Excellent touch, created space, could have smashed it, didn't, side footed it weakly but luckily Bellamy was there. Our first against Leeds in that 4-3 was also Dyer at his best, and it was typical that when we were at our best, him and Bellamy were at their best.

Guest Schmocky

Shall always remember the game against sporting lisbon, us winning then he got injuried. They were scared of him and wouldn't get to many people forward but when he went off they just raped us cause we had no one to scare them.

His goal against Everton away will stay with me forever. What a wonderful solo effort that was.

He could've been a legend if things had worked out injury-wise, and if he had changed his attitude. What can you do.

Surely the most overpaid ( in terms of return ) in the History of the game.

Coloccini.

:facepalm:

LLLO hated Colo from basically the moment we signed him. Pathetic really.

This coming from someone that calls one of our players Cunterkrands. ;)

He's worthy of it.

Shall always remember the game against sporting lisbon, us winning then he got injuried. They were scared of him and wouldn't get to many people forward but when he went off they just raped us cause we had no one to scare them.

Confounded by the fucking idiot in charge that left Robert in the stands.

Garbage as we were under Roeder... Martins/Dyer was a fun little combo that had it's moments. Was definitely our best option that season, anyway. I really liked Dyer off the striker, he wasn't a bad finisher at all.

• 9 months later...
Guest neesy111

Just been given a new contract by QPR.  :lol:

Played 90 mins of premiership football once in 5 years.