Kieron Dyer signs one-year contract extension with QPR

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Do you think he's happy though? I know he's a multi millionaire and have heard stories of him alluding to just how much he money he has, but what are his career highlights? A goal against Feyenoord? A few good games for us. From such high expectations to becoming someone who will never get a club in the top flight again and will be lucky to get anything outside of pay as you play.

A goal against Feyenoord?

No, unless I'm missing something.

From memory wasn't it Bellamy (2) and Viana? I know Dyer had the late chance which Bellamy scored the rebound on mind.

Guest neesy111

Do you think he's happy though? I know he's a multi millionaire and have heard stories of him alluding to just how much he money he has, but what are his career highlights? A goal against Feyenoord? A few good games for us. From such high expectations to becoming someone who will never get a club in the top flight again and will be lucky to get anything outside of pay as you play.

A goal against Feyenoord?

No, unless I'm missing something.

From memory wasn't it Bellamy (2) and Viana? I know Dyer had the late chance which Bellamy scored the rebound on mind.

this is correct

Guest Stephen927

I do feel slightly guilty when I rip my Hammers supporting mate about Dyer. It all strikes a little bit close to home.

Psssssh, he was areet, nowt special but then neither were we. You can see why he was brought to the club, often disappointment to the club and himself though. Not really a goal scorer, couldn't cross, probably had a half decent assist count with his runs forward before poking to ball to someone else, can anyone else infomr me of his assists:games whilst at us.

Sad to see anyones career end like his has, he was a bit of a rude boi but he was harmless. Don't think our club did his already fragile state of mind any favours, probably would have been a better player elsewhere in my opinion.

Cheers for the few memories, sorry you were pretty shit, enjoy retirement.

Guest firetotheworks

tbf to him, under Souness he was actually decent...when he played. Epitome of a nearly man though.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

His attitude, and Titus Brambles, while shopping in Virgin Megastore sucked. Kids would go up and ask for autographs and be more or less told to piss off, was shocking. Fair enough you're out and shopping, but ho'way, you're hardly being discreet about it. You'd try and strike up idle conversation with them, not always about football, and you'd think you'd have pissed on their shoes or something.

I don't think Dyer's a 'waster' or anything like that. I believe he'd have been a top, top player if he hadn't suffered from so many injuries.

He has pace, he can dribble, he gets his head up from time to time.

Fully agree.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I don't think Dyer's a 'waster' or anything like that. I believe he'd have been a top, top player if he hadn't suffered from so many injuries.

Ironic we're screaming out for a player like that now, eh.

Fully agree.

pity he was a pratt

Kieron Dyer would never have been close to a top player even if he had stayed fit.  You need to have good technique and awareness to be a top player.

Pace and dribbling would never have been enough.

Was always my favourite player throughout his time for us.

Scored some decent goals for someone who couldn't finish. His goal against Everton....

Those goals were always once every 10 or 20 games????

Scored some decent goals for someone who couldn't finish. His goal against Everton....

Scored 1 in 8 for us.

Kieron Dyer would never have been close to a top player even if he had stayed fit.  You need to have good technique and awareness to be a top player.

I don't agree with that at all. The guy was in the team that helped us obtain Champions league football for a start, and was hardly a passenger either; he was one of our key players. He was a very good player, albeit inconsistent at times for us, and had he not had so many injuries would have represented England  a lot more.

His passing ability is something that I think he has never got any recognition for, but something he was pretty good at. He wasn't just a raw player that could only run with the ball.

True, I didn't say he scored many, but he scored some decent goals. I don't recall him ever being overly wasteful with chances as much as he looked for the pass more often than not. Could just be rose tinted glasses mind...

Don't kid yourself, he had an awful lot going for him and would probably have been held in the sam esteem as Joe Cole had he kept his head screwed on and stayed relatively free of injury.