Kieron Dyer signs one-year contract extension with QPR

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Those feeling sorry for him, do you often pity 31 year old multi millionaires who drive supercars and have diamond encrusted watches and the like? I'd swap places with him now in a flash! Save your pity for someone who deserves it.

I'm sure you and a lot of others would, but if the guy genuinely enjoys playing football, money is pretty much irrelevant isn't it?

Or you could look at it as, a guy has been able to do the 'job' he loves for half his life so far at the highest level. That particular job usually comes to an end by 35 assuming you are relatively injury free. He may have to give it up a few years early. "It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all".

Fair point, but it's not just the fact that he's having to retire, it's also the multiple injuries he's had to deal with throughout his career, must be incredibly frustrating.

There was a time when the likes of Dyer, Lampard, Ferdinand etc were coming through and at the time it looked to me like Dyer had the potential to become the better player out of all of them. Now I'm not saying bad decisions and his attitude weren't a big contributing factor, but injuries have played a massive part in how his career has not gone the way the likes of Lampard and Ferdinand's have.

Didn't help himself with his pissy attitude on and off the pitch. The Bowyer thing was coming for years.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Dyer made so many UNNECESSARY enemies over his stop-start playing career.

Along with the equally obnoxious Jenas, alienated the fans in a disgusting manner.

Best thing you can say about him was that he was a parasite.

Or, and idiot with ability he wasted due to his ego and obnoxiousness.

not really bothered if players are nice and cuddly as long as they do their talking on the pitch. on his day he was brilliant, but towards the end his attitude stank - particularly that last away game - cant remember who we played but just remember being really pissed off with him wandering around not wanting the ball - I know he'd had a lot of stick from the fans but shouldnt matter on that wage.

He was a bit lazy as a player but i'm unsure as to why he's a 'horrible little t***'?

Because people read the papers and automatically know what they're like in the dressing room and in person.

actually, it's more to do with that fact that all you had to do to get an idea of what he was like, was go to love dough. he was there every week without fail, being a tit.

Was talking about this little cunt retiring last night.  Best bit of business Ashley did since he got here, getting money for the little twat - pity the proceeds got spent on Alan Smith.  One of the architects of Sir Bobby's demise.  The obnoxious shit should have been peddled for the derisory manner he 'accepted' the captains armband away at The Smogs.

He was a bit lazy as a player but i'm unsure as to why he's a 'horrible little t***'?

Because people read the papers and automatically know what they're like in the dressing room and in person.

load of shit. There are countless stories of him being in bars and setting money on fire etc etc  then theres the whole wouldnt play on the right for Bobby, my mate once said hello to him in the toilets of a club one night, dyer was with some big bouncer bloke and told my mate to fuck off, he's basically just a cunt.

Guest neesy111

the dyer situation got bobby the sack and also made shepperd to appoint Souness because of the discipline of the players

good player on his day but complete utter twat and deserve's everything is happening now

remember barcelona as well!

Definetely didn't get Bobby the sack like. I got the impression going into the 04-05 season that if we didn't start well he'd be gone and we didn't.

Didn't help matters though with his show of petulance...it must've indicated to FFS that Bobby had lost certain sections of the dressing room too.

Guest Heneage

Definetely didn't get Bobby the sack like. I got the impression going into the 04-05 season that if we didn't start well he'd be gone and we didn't.

I still find it so unbelievable he had the cheek to challenge a man like Sir Bobby, if he'd done for me what Bobby did for him, I'd have played in goal without question.

Dyer was always like that though, arguing to the point of restraint on the pitch with our vice-captain twice (that was know of). Never had any respect for authority. Although the pre-Boro incident couldn't have helped matters.

Didn't help matters though with his show of petulance...it must've indicated to FFS that Bobby had lost certain sections of the dressing room too.

i don't think so much as that it showed bobby 'had lost the dressing room' more of the lines that it showed dyer for the arsehole that he is

One of our best players in the last decade. Our football was light years ahead of the plodding stuff we have witnessed since SBR's lightning quick team was dismantled. We definitely sold him at the right time though.