Football Finances

LoveItIfWeBeatU

They should just keep spending s*** loads of money on players, effectively buy the league and champions league next season, but take the full fine. They would still be better off financially. :lol:

The MCFC Champions League squad for the 2014-15 competition will be limited to 21 players.  In 2013-14 the club registered 23 players for the competition and used 21.

The Club’s expenditure on new players for the upcoming summer transfer window, on top of income from players it might sell, will be limited to 60m euros. This will have no material impact on the Club’s planned transfer activity.

The wage bill of the whole club (playing and non-playing staff) for 2014-15 will need to remain at the same level as that of 2013-14 season. It is important to note that additional bonuses for performances can be paid outside this number.

Sounds like this'll really sting. :lol:

The wage bill of the whole club (playing and non-playing staff) for 2014-15 will need to remain at the same level as that of 2013-14 season. It is important to note that additional bonuses for performances can be paid outside this number.

£1m per pass completed...

Would the €60m fine factor into the next set of accounts? As in, the money paid towards the fine be counted as part of their spending for the proceeding season?

• 5 months later...

Everton have reported a £28m profit in their latest accounts. Turnover of £120m - £88m of which was TV money, more than the club's entire turnover in the previous accounts.

We're skint though.

Everton spent £36.5m total this summer, with a profit of £36m on transfers for the 4 seasons prior to that, we'll see next summer if they're willing to start spending above break even on transfers long term.

I bet our turnover beats that £120m from Everton despite us only finishing 10th and them finishing 5th, but I'd also bet we won't start spending above break even long term.

Everton spend breakeven on transfers in general but they also breakeven from football operations in general, too.

They used to spend more than they got because the goal was at least to reach breakeven.

We make a profit on transfers and we also make a separate profit on operations. It's a different attitude to investment and growth. We're a club with a small mentality right now. If we spent enough just to breakeven on transfers, a lot of fans would be happy. If we actually showed some ambition and spent to breakeven on operations, which means Fat Mike wouldn't have to dip into his pocket, fans would be even happier and we'd be better off. The problem is the fat one won't even allow us to spend what the club generates by itself.

It really is all about the money for this new generation of owners, and unfortunately the opportunity is there for them to make serious money out of investing in clubs. Ashley has led by example.

Earlier on Thursday Tan, who also owns FK Sarajevo in Bosnia, told BBC Business he was going to be "minority partner" in the new franchise.

"That's my personal, private investment," he said. "I believe the MLS will be a good investment."

Tan, who also revealed he is seeking to invest in another unnamed European club, said he remains committed to Cardiff, who he bought in May 2010, despite their relegation from the Premier League last season.

Tan said: "I enjoy investing in a football club and I believe that you can make money in a football club.

"I didn't really start off well investing in football, I wasn't that lucky.

"But there are a lot of clever owners who make money every year so I now understand the business so much better.