Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

This is what he is made for tbh. Never a player you want to rely on for a lot of games but chuck him in ever now and then and he will do a job.

Basically if he starts 5 times a season and makes 1 howler we can live with that. If he starts 38 and makes 8 then we are going to struggle.

Couldn't put it better. Love you Cajun.

I don't get him. I was expecting a complete disaster tonight followed by him getting run out of town. Yet he stepped up against one of the better clubs in the world. Fair play to him. It just makes no sense, how come he can't do this against the terrible teams in the Premier League when we need him? 

This is what he is made for tbh. Never a player you want to rely on for a lot of games but chuck him in ever now and then and he will do a job.

Basically if he starts 5 times a season and makes 1 howler we can live with that. If he starts 38 and makes 8 then we are going to struggle.

:thup: had been screaming out for a break since November...looked absolutely drained and mentally shot. Gets 14 games to get back into training mode, away from the spotlight and he's back to his old 'fairly reliable' self.

Guest VanBarduck

From france point of view he was MOM , also he's ranked as one of our best players on whoscored.com ,so I found it surprising to see that  every people outside Newcastle area thinks he's a decent footballer  ;D

Sorry, but the only part of his game he played well were the defensive headers. good defenders normally aim these at someone or the area they are in but Mike just blootered his high.

Every time he got the ball he oozed nervousness, played crap passes and generally kept us on the back foot.

Perch would have been miles better in there, specially as cardoza wasn't around (hindsight eh!), at least he can keep the game flowing.

Sell in summer. End of...

P.S. It was obvious he gave 100% and you can't fault the guy for his effort. well done!

Was it Cardozo that just walked past him into the box at around 85?

He's a disaster of a footballer. He has no ability on the ball, he looks terified of it. Which is why is resorts to launching 99% of the time. I'd happily never see him play for the club again.

http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/3c1f42791b0b720e7de4e5b8459f0d5c/6447%20-%20Raw%20raised_eyebrow%20sunglasses%20the_rock%20wwe.png

Seriously though, i didnt think he was THAT good. He was above his own average, but still would have had Perch in there...he just looks shit-scared of the ball, which he probably should be given his level of ability. People who complain about Obertan or Simpson etc. need to realise that Willo is the first player that needs to go...especially now we have Mapou.

I thought he was superb. Benfica played a lot more long high balls than i expected and he dealt with them.

he only got done twice, once when he got a yellow for pulling the bloke back on the halfway line and once late in the game when he got turned and left for dead and Krul had to make a save.

He was back to the steady old reasonably reliable to do a job Williamson that he used to be after having a much needed rest out of the team.

I agree with his skills in the air, and that he gave his all... but he negated any possibility of starting an attack out of defence and his nerves were highly visible each time he was on the ball.

A defender has to be capable of both defending and passing competently, unfortunately Mike can only do one of these things and averagely at best.

A shame but you have to be objective.

Guest bimpy474

It's lovely looking for the positives in his game, it's quite heartwarming in fact and you are all lovely for it.

But he simply isn't good enough for this level of football, nice hair though which i would say is his best skill.

I like Willo and he's always been a decent stand in CH. Honest Player.

He just wasn't cut out to be first choice for 30 odd games due to necessity, but as a stand in no problem.

Agreed for a 4th choice CB he can do a job which is all a 4th choice CB should do, hopefully we don't get to the stage next season when 2 of the 3 first choice CBs are injured at the same time ffs.

Guest bimpy474

4th choice, no way, if he's 4th choice you take away a chance for a younger player. Willo is what 29 now ?. Obviously you need a decent 4th choice but for me that should be a youngster and not a 29 year old bang average Championship standard player.

If he actually nicked a few goals for us I'd happily keep him as back-up. It's for that reason why I think Raylor and Perch are good players to stick with. Not because they're cult heroes, but because they could offer something the first XI may lack.

If a young player can do what he did defensively last night and maybe a little more going forward, then sure. Just haven't seen enough of our younguns myself to say that. But will defer to those who have.

I have no problem with Willo being called upon rarely, id just hope it's very rarely he's needed.