Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

They must be fairly confident of getting Douglas if they're willing to sell now, IMO.

I hope so, but even if they weren't it would still make sense to sell Williamson for a decent fee. It shouldn't be too difficult to find an upgrade/younger version with potential for the 2 million touted.

The Journal understands that Shane Ferguson will also be offered out on loan, while defender Mike Williamson is close to completing a move to Cardiff City.

Source

From the article:

United may also listen to offers for James Perch, who is interesting Leicester, but Alan Pardew is understood to have lobbied the board for the midfielder to be given a new contract.

:thup: for Pardew if that's true.

Good luck to the lad. Decent pro with limited ability. Not what we need, in terms of quality to progress us, but the lad always put an honest shift in.

Perch should not be sold imo. Much improved, again limited but as a versatile player he is more than worth his place in the squad.

The Journal understands that Shane Ferguson will also be offered out on loan, while defender Mike Williamson is close to completing a move to Cardiff City.

Source

From the article:

United may also listen to offers for James Perch, who is interesting Leicester, but Alan Pardew is understood to have lobbied the board for the midfielder to be given a new contract.

:thup: for Pardew if that's true.

I hope both Williamson and Perch go.

Good luck to the lad. Decent pro with limited ability. Not what we need, in terms of quality to progress us, but the lad always put an honest shift in.

Perch should not be sold imo. Much improved, again limited but as a versatile player he is more than worth his place in the squad.

Agree with all this.

Agree with all this.

Yup Perch is, like Raylor (and previously Guthrie), a very good squad player who's able to slot in where needed for a short time. I think we suffered from losing Raylor this season. I wouldn't fancy going into next season with no utility players. 

Yes but you have no soul

:lol:

to be fair, if we could get a good price for Perch I wouldn't be against letting him go. Like Willo, he shouldn't be that hard to replace.

Perch is arguably more valuable to the squad than any fee he could command on the transfer market.

Yes but you have no soul

to be fair, if we could get a good price for Perch I wouldn't be against letting him go. Like Willo, he shouldn't be that hard to replace.

What difference would that make?

Exactly. I can't see us getting anybody as bother free as Perch. He's not the best footballer in the world but he's one of the few who gives a fuck and plays in a few positions (even if he is an atrocious right back). Case in point was Norwich away, we gave the ball away and they had about 4 on 2 and Perch sprinted back 60 yards to get a block in, whilst the rest of our fuckers jogged back. It's all well and good saying we won't progress with players like Perch in the squad but if he left there probably wouldn't be a replacement, and certainly not a good one. No point selling for sellings sake.

Yes but you have no soul

What difference would that make?

I see where you're going at, but let's assume for one second that there is actually some kind of causal relationship between our transfer income and spending. Say we got 3-4 million for Perch, and that money was reinvested in 2-3 promising youngsters like Bigi, would you really be opposed to it? As it is, Perch is often preferred in midfield to Anita and Bigi, and I don't think he should be, as I rate both these players higher. I appreciate he's a useful option to have on the bench due to his versatility and the fact he rarely lets us down, however, and would be perfectly happy to see him stay, but if he was to go (can see him wanting first team football too, at some point) and we were to reinvest the money, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

As for Perch, I'd prefer to see Anita, Marveaux or a fit Vuckic starting or coming on before such a limited player.  Perch fits well with our manager though and in a way is a reflection of him, conservative and boring.

As for Perch, I'd prefer to see Anita, Marveaux or a fit Vuckic starting or coming on before such a limited player.  Perch fits well with our manager though and in a way is a reflection of him, conservative and boring.

Exactly. He's seeing more first team action than he should do, and not because better players are injured for once.