Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

The very fact that Williamson is being trumpeted as some sort of defensive saviour by some on here is proof positive of the dire situation we face on squad strength.

This guy is NOT a PL defender...just as a Championship player sometimes plays out of his skin when given an outing in a Cup game against a PL team, so Williamson tried hard when he came on last night. Yanga Mbiwa and Colo had BOTH had poor games, one is getting to the slowing down stage and the other has huge question marks over either his ability to adapt to the PL/Pardew's defensive system OR his all round capability as a Central defender. Only when/if a different manager takes over will we know for sure which of these applies to Mbiwa. Williamson has had some shocking games over the past couple of seasons so don't start turning a goose into a swan now because its just delusion.

We needed new blood at CD and have done for 2 years - Taylor is prone to stupid mistakes AND play-acting...sometimes needs a brain transplant judging by his comments..Colo should have been gone after last season's fiasco as he won't get better at his age now - probably still wants away if the truth be known.

A combination of Ashley, Kinnear and Pardew is toxic for the well-being of the club on the field - the lack of decent CDs is another example of this.

:thup: The problems on the pitch stem from the top as usual. Taylor is crap/injury prone. Colo is a top player going through the motions and looks like he's had enough, Mbiwa needs some help and is still adjusting. Willo, like you say isn't a capable premiership defender, although he does still have the odd excellent game.

The very fact that Williamson is being trumpeted as some sort of defensive saviour by some on here is proof positive of the dire situation we face on squad strength.

This guy is NOT a PL defender...just as a Championship player sometimes plays out of his skin when given an outing in a Cup game against a PL team, so Williamson tried hard when he came on last night. Yanga Mbiwa and Colo had BOTH had poor games, one is getting to the slowing down stage and the other has huge question marks over either his ability to adapt to the PL/Pardew's defensive system OR his all round capability as a Central defender. Only when/if a different manager takes over will we know for sure which of these applies to Mbiwa. Williamson has had some shocking games over the past couple of seasons so don't start turning a goose into a swan now because its just delusion.

We needed new blood at CD and have done for 2 years - Taylor is prone to stupid mistakes AND play-acting...sometimes needs a brain transplant judging by his comments..Colo should have been gone after last season's fiasco as he won't get better at his age now - probably still wants away if the truth be known.

A combination of Ashley, Kinnear and Pardew is toxic for the well-being of the club on the field - the lack of decent CDs is another example of this.

:thup: The problems on the pitch stem from the top as usual. Taylor is crap/injury prone. Colo is a top player going through the motions and looks like he's had enough, Mbiwa needs some help and is still adjusting. Willo, like you say isn't a capable premiership defender, although he does still have the odd excellent game.

Make do and mend - it could be the slogan for NUFC these days.

Ah, the Williamson and Colo partnership that saw us on 21 points in mid-January last season. How I long to see that s*** again.

Poor example as Taylor played alongside Williamson as much as Colo did last season. A better example would have been to use the season before that. Taylor didn't play again after his injury v Chelsea on Dec 3rd and for the rest of the season, with the odd exception we played with Williamson and Colo as our centre halves. Of course we finished 5th that year so it doesn't fit your agenda.

Ah, the Williamson and Colo partnership that saw us on 21 points in mid-January last season. How I long to see that s*** again.

Poor example as Taylor played alongside Williamson as much as Colo did last season. A better example would have been to use the season before that. Taylor didn't play again after his injury v Chelsea on Dec 3rd and for the rest of the season, with the odd exception we played with Williamson and Colo as our centre halves. Of course we finished 5th that year so it doesn't fit your agenda.

:thup:

Mike did very well last night and probably earned a start going by Pardews comments. The problem is the next game is probably one of the worst games for him to be involved in as Cardiff have small quick strikers like Campbell and Bellamy.

Mike did very well last night and probably earned a start going by Pardews comments. The problem is the next game is probably one of the worst games for him to be involved in as Cardiff have small quick strikers like Campbell and Bellamy.

Well that's what managers are paid for...to notice those things and pick sides to combat the opposition strengths. Willo is still a championship defender, but in the air against a big 6 footer he's the best we've got. Colo and MYM aren't big enough, and Taylor never seems to be anywhere near when we are up against sides with a big forward.

2 seasons ago both Williamson and Colo were as slow as CBs get. They're 2 years older and 2 years slower.

It's an agenda of mine to want the best for NUFC and playing those two together is an absolutely preposterous thing to advocate.

2 seasons ago both Williamson and Colo were as slow as CBs get. They're 2 years older and 2 years slower.

It's an agenda of mine to want the best for NUFC and playing those two together is an absolutely preposterous thing to advocate.

They played together for 45 minutes last night against one of the in form Premier League strikers, kept him quiet and kept a clean sheet. Taylor has proved time and time again that he's a liability and most sensible people can see past the fist pumping and geeing up of the crowds to see what he is. Mbwia doesn't seem much better but to give him the benefit of the doubt it's still early days for him yet.

Our current best pairing is Colo and Williamson.

Colo and Williamson, man. :lol:  Not a clue.

Think you're the clueless one on this. We looked as solid at the back during the 2nd half last night as we have in ages and you want to change it around again and stick with the pairing that's shipped goals all over the place and 6 in the last game and a half in the league.

Thick as pig sh! t you are.

Taylor and Colo shipped 6 in the least game and a half? News to me, like. Then again I am often thick as pig sh! t as you say.

Dear god you are thick. With Taylor being injured if you don't play Williamson you have to play Colo and Mbwia who up until yesterday had conceded 6 in a game and a half. Surely not too difficult to grasp.

Taylor and Colo shipped 6 in the least game and a half? News to me, like. Then again I am often thick as pig sh! t as you say.

Dear god you are thick. With Taylor being injured if you don't play Williamson you have to play Colo and Mbwia who up until yesterday had conceded 6 in a game and a half. Surely not too difficult to grasp.

But we will be facing Fraser Campbell this weekend who isn't no great shakes in the air but is quick.

Williamson is slow as f***in awful on the ball.

Again it's the organisation of the defense which is the main issue here

Taylor's probably back for Cardiff.

And no, I'd still rather Colo and MYM than Mike fucking Williamson because of one half in which the opposition had stopped trying. Keep the personal insults coming, though, you utter fucking winner in the lottery of life.

And no, I'd still rather Colo and MYM than Mike f***ing Williamson because of one half in which the opposition had stopped trying. Keep the personal insults coming, though, you utter f***ing winner in the lottery of life.

As my life doesn't mainly consist of trolling messageboards such as this with 1000's of pointless ramblings I'd say I'm doing a lot better than you are in the lottery of life. Keep the insults coming if it makes you feel better about yourself though young un.

And no, I'd still rather Colo and MYM than Mike f***ing Williamson because of one half in which the opposition had stopped trying. Keep the personal insults coming, though, you utter f***ing winner in the lottery of life.

As my life doesn't mainly consist of trolling messageboards such as this with 1000's of pointless ramblings I'd say I'm doing a lot better than you are in the lottery of life. Keep the insults coming if it makes you feel better about yourself though young un.

I don't why ronaldo is arguing with you, he himself mentioned countless of times there's no 'future' in Colo and Mbiwa  :lol:

I don't why ronaldo is arguing with you, he himself mentioned countless of times there's no 'future' in Colo and Mbiwa  :lol:

I do get the impression he could start an argument in an empty room.