Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Is that Douglas a strong lad?

Supposed to be. The rumour was that Pardew had him lined up and Kinnear blocked it, which is a worry. If true, Pardew presumably realised we needed someone a bit more imposing in that position, but was undermined.

Is that Douglas a strong lad?

Supposed to be. The rumour was that Carr had him lined up and Kinnear blocked it, which is a worry. If true, Carr presumably realised we needed someone a bit more imposing in that position, but was undermined.

Fixed

Supposed to be. The rumour was that Pardew had him lined up and Kinnear blocked it, which is a worry. If true, Pardew presumably realised we needed someone a bit more imposing in that position, but was undermined.

Pity he wasn't undermined when he brought Obertan in.

In fairness to Pardew he made references to getting more presence at CB in May/June. By July/August he had completely changed his tune, saying we were sorted at the back. Obviously he was told we had £2m to spend.

In fairness to Keegan he did something about it when he was fed the same bullshit and undermined.

Pardew is happy to be a puppet as long as he gets his pay check.  In fairness my arse.

In fairness to Pardew he made references to getting more presence at CB in May/June. By July/August he had completely changed his tune, saying we were sorted at the back. Obviously he was told we had £2m to spend.

he could just pick defenders that are best equipped to deal with the opposition strikers.

Guest bimpy474

he could just pick defenders that are best equipped to deal with the opposition strikers.

Totally agree, a quick striker like Bellamy, for me you play Mapou. For a player like Elmander you play Williamson or Saylor (neither but they are our only options in the air).

In fairness to Keegan he did something about it when he was fed the same bullshit and undermined.

Pardew is happy to be a puppet as long as he gets his pay check.  In fairness my arse.

What you on about now? I stated that Pardew made reference to us targeting a CB so obviously he recognised the need for one. I didn't make any case for compassion for him regarding his role within the club and club's transfer policy.

Totally agree, a quick striker like Bellamy, for me you play Mapou. For a player like Elmander you play Williamson or Saylor (neither but they are our only options in the air).

You play Taylor and Colo together whenever they're both fit for this season. Then you replace Colo in the summer and look to bring someone in Mapou can play with and learn from.

It's not just about the opposing strikers, by the way.

You play Taylor and Colo together whenever they're both fit for this season. Then you replace Colo in the summer and look to bring someone in Mapou can play with and learn from.

yeh but like you said theres no future with colo in defence.

Is that not what I just said, like right there? :lol:

Is that not what I just said, like right there? :lol:

then why not try saylor and mbiwa  :snod:

Can't knock his performance second half but it wasn't hard to look better than Mbiwa tonight.  He was shocking !!

Either Mbiwa is not the player everyone was crowing about when we signed him in January, or he cannot or will not, play for Pardew in the system Pardew uses for the defence.

It will be interesting to see which it is.....

The very fact that Williamson is being trumpeted as some sort of defensive saviour by some on here is proof positive of the dire situation we face on squad strength.

This guy is NOT a PL defender...just as a Championship player sometimes plays out of his skin when given an outing in a Cup game against a PL team, so Williamson tried hard when he came on last night. Yanga Mbiwa and Colo had BOTH had poor games, one is getting to the slowing down stage and the other has huge question marks over either his ability to adapt to the PL/Pardew's defensive system OR his all round capability as a Central defender. Only when/if a different manager takes over will we know for sure which of these applies to Mbiwa. Williamson has had some shocking games over the past couple of seasons so don't start turning a goose into a swan now because its just delusion.

We needed new blood at CD and have done for 2 years - Taylor is prone to stupid mistakes AND play-acting...sometimes needs a brain transplant judging by his comments..Colo should have been gone after last season's fiasco as he won't get better at his age now - probably still wants away if the truth be known.

A combination of Ashley, Kinnear and Pardew is toxic for the well-being of the club on the field - the lack of decent CDs is another example of this.

It won't be interesting at all. We already know that he's a very capable defender on the deck that can't compete in the air or with physical forwards because of his size and inexperience.

It might not be interesting for you - but it will be for me and probably, quite a few others..

If he lacks the physical qualities you say he does, why was he signed to play in the PL?

Do you think he might still grow a bit ....?? And inexperience..???? Before you were around, but Aidan McCaffery was playing in our first team in 1976 and winning rave notices at the age of 19.

Remind me how old Mbiwa is again..??

He's 24 and has being playing in English football for 20 games. The French league is utter fucking shit. He was signed because he's French, is in the spotlight with the international side and was relatively cheap. Same reasons Debuchy was targeted.

He's still got loads and loads to learn and 24 is still a baby for a CB so there's plenty time to do it. With his size he'll always need a dominant CB alongside him, though.