Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest Howaythetoon

Never NUFC quality but served us well and did a decent enough job when called upon. Good luck to the guy.

Good luck. Good pro. Might miss his ilk in the dressing room imo.

Which ilk is this? The one that's content to be a backup player without pushing the first team player for his place?

Basically, I don't see us ever signing a quality 4th choice centre back so one who can come in and do a job (basically play nowhere near as many games as he had to last season!) was good. Like Harper as 2nd choice keeper, only not as good.

Makes more sense to have youngsters pushing for a place than players like Williamson, who were never good enough in the first place (for the Premiership).

If reports are to be believed, we may be damn close to a fourth quality centre back and true competition for places in that area. Fingers crossed.

Definitely can't hate on the guy.  Despite his limitations on the pitch he always gave 100% and helped us in a very dicey time in our recent past.  Also, you never heard a peep from him in the papers, never in trouble, etc.  Model pro and like some others have stated, we very well might miss his presence in the locker room next season.

Seemed to fall properly out of favour towards the end of last season. Good luck to the guy. As has been said, generally a model pro and has not disgraced himself.

Hope the move goes well for him.

Jonas had his uses in the first season back up, he was still athletic enough to be a decent winger for a newly promoted team.  It's been obvious for a while that he can only play in central midfield these days though, yet we've persevered with him out wide.

I still think Jonas has his uses as backup central DM, he's absolutely no use on the wing tho

In a midfield three Jonas can work centrally, but he's no DM though.

Well defensive may be a bit strong but his primary strengths there are holding are his physical presence and holding on to the ball. He can hardly be called attacking  :lol:

:thup: :lol:

As for Mike Williamson, good riddance.

His passing doesn't need to be amazing in that role, he's useful for his energy if there are more creative players in there.  If we finally sorted out the wide positions then I wouldn't be disappointed to see him used exclusively in the middle next season (not first choice though, mind) as his engine and professionalism are good qualities to have in the squad.

Saying that, he shouldn't play one more game on the wing and I wouldn't be that disappointed at all if we decided to spend the money for his wages on a better player.

I still think Jonas has his uses as backup central DM, he's absolutely no use on the wing tho

Rubbish, man. He's a fucking dreadful midfielder.

Rubbish, man. He's a fucking dreadful midfielder.

Yep. He hasn't got a position any more so he's getting shoehorned in anywhere. He's an awful left back too of course.

Rubbish, man. He's a f***ing dreadful midfielder.

This. He gives the ball away constantly, possibly the worst trait you could have for that position.

No ill feeling towards Willo, seems a good pro but a bit out of his depth for our current ambitions. Cardif will need to strengthen, and I believe this makes them a bit stronger. Experience and can do a job. I wish him all the best.

I am sure Jonas played a big part in Colo staying. For that we should at least be thankful.

It is truly shocking to see how far he has fallen in three seasons. While he has himself to blame for his performances, yet another player that has been further ruined by Padews clueless idea of how to get the best out of his players and where to play them.

It is funny because in the first few months that Pardew was here, I was told by someone with contacts within the club that Pardew didn't care for Jonas and he would be on his way that Summer.  I have since wondered if that was true or whether Jonas "won" Pardew round!!

It is funny because in the first few months that Pardew was here, I was told by someone with contacts within the club that Pardew didn't care for Jonas and he would be on his way that Summer.  I have since wondered if that was true or whether Jonas "won" Pardew round!!

Pardew will have seen Jonas as a winger when he arrived, the fact that he does so much work now tracking back will have won him over.  I also think that tracking back has blunted him when going forward, even if that wasn't much of a strong point before then.

I don't think Jonas has lost any pace because he didn't really have a lot anyway, he just runs around more and no longer has much acceleration, and he’s become more of a marathon runner than a sprinter.