Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

It is funny because in the first few months that Pardew was here, I was told by someone with contacts within the club that Pardew didn't care for Jonas and he would be on his way that Summer.  I have since wondered if that was true or whether Jonas "won" Pardew round!!

Pardew will have seen Jonas as a winger when he arrived, the fact that he does so much work now tracking back will have won him over.  I also think that tracking back has blunted him when going forward, even if that wasn't much of a strong point before then.

I don't think Jonas has lost any pace because he didn't really have a lot anyway, he just runs around more and no longer has much acceleration, and he’s become more of a marathon runner than a sprinter.

dunno that debut against man utd he looked prett bloody quick. He was electric that day. Completely different player to the s*** hes become.

I still think Jonas has his uses as backup central DM, he's absolutely no use on the wing tho

In a midfield three Jonas can work centrally, but he's no DM though.

Rubbish, man. He's a f***ing dreadful midfielder.

Aye wait a second, I said he could work in a midfield three. If it was me he wouldn't be playing for this club again though.

• 3 months later...

Proved once again he's the 2nd best centre half at NUFC. Knows his limitations unlike Taylor and Mbiwa, who is awful by the way, and does what a centre half needs to do which is to head and clear the ball. Collocini can do the more fancy stuff next to him.

Hope he starts against Cardiff.

Absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder eh

Fuck that man, he's decent to bring on for a half/game either as cover or to give another, better player a kick up the arse when they're having a shitter. Give him a run of games and people will sharp realise he's still the same shit player we don't want in the starting 11.

Ah, the Williamson and Colo partnership that saw us on 21 points in mid-January last season. How I long to see that shit again.

They barely played together did they? It was mainly Taylor and Williamson when we were really struggling last season whilst Coloccini was injured?

Coloccini and Williamson can compliment eachother like a fine wine compliments an exquisite cheese

Ah, the Williamson and Colo partnership that saw us on 21 points in mid-January last season. How I long to see that shit again.

They barely played together did they? It was mainly Taylor and Williamson when we were really struggling last season whilst Coloccini was injured?

Coloccini and Williamson can compliment eachother like a fine wine compliments an exquisite cheese

What a load of crap, man. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Helmut cheese.

For someone who has consistently claimed he's weak in the air, I would have stayed quiet tonight if I was you.

Taylor is our strongest centre back, but he's not very decisive and he tends to be reactive in his defending, concentrating on staying goal-side and blocking shots rather than intercepting or making challenges. He'd have backed off from Lukaku just as much as Colo or Mbiwa did tonight.

Williamson made a difference because he was not scared of Lukaku. Whatever you might think of his basic ability, you can rely on him to at least try and take charge. In finding the best combination, that counts for something.

I mean, I'd rather we had another option, but we don't.