Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

This last page has been cringeworthy at best. Perch better than Mike? Who the fuck said that? Should never watch a football game again. Perch has had nothing, and I say nothing to do all season. Best player hes played is an out-of-form Drogba and we conceded 3 goals. Fucking abysmal player and his best game in a Newcastle shirt was against a championship club where he had fuck all to do and we still lost.

He just makes the whole team nervous and worse, its clear no one in the team relies on him when played as a centrehalve.

Neither Perch nor Williamson are good enough for a top-half Premiership side, by a long shot.

We NEED a new CB, and Pardew has known this for two months.

Tell me, all of you wjho can drag your toungues out of AP's crack long enough - why has your brilliant manager not bought a CB at the START of the transfer window, given that we only have ONE fit Premier League quality player in that position?? Oh, let mne guess, it won't be his fault. Fuck off. Its cost us a number of points since Taylor got crocked, and you anre too stupid or too sycophantic to see it. Arseholes.

:lol:

This last page has been cringeworthy at best. Perch better than Mike? Who the f*** said that? Should never watch a football game again. Perch has had nothing, and I say nothing to do all season. Best player hes played is an out-of-form Drogba and we conceded 3 goals. f***ing abysmal player and his best game in a Newcastle shirt was against a championship club where he had f*** all to do and we still lost.

He just makes the whole team nervous and worse, its clear no one in the team relies on him when played as a centrehalve.

Neither Perch nor Williamson are good enough for a top-half Premiership side, by a long shot.

We NEED a new CB, and Pardew has known this for two months.

Tell me, all of you wjho can drag your toungues out of AP's crack long enough - why has your brilliant manager not bought a CB at the START of the transfer window, given that we only have ONE fit Premier League quality player in that position?? Oh, let mne guess, it won't be his fault. f*** off. Its cost us a number of points since Taylor got crocked, and you anre too stupid or too sycophantic to see it. Arseholes.

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Would everyone have been happy not to sign a striker but paid 8-10 million on CB instead?

Think Pardew caught us all off guard by saying he wasn't interested in signing a striker then pays 8 million for Cisse.

I'm personally happy we've got a striker in before a CB even though we do need both but if it was one or the other im happy with Cisse.

Guest Roger Kint

Would everyone have been happy not to sign a striker but paid 8-10 million on CB instead?

Think Pardew caught us all off guard by saying he wasn't interested in signing a striker then pays 8 million for Cisse.

I'm personally happy we've got a striker in before a CB even though we do need both but if it was one or the other im happy with Cisse.

They already said the striker was bought now as he became available, they were going to buy him in the summer but realised they could get him. It was never a choice between ST/CB

They already said the striker was bought now as he became available, they were going to buy him in the summer but realised they could get him. It was never a choice between ST/CB

Yeah that was the plan but i get the feeling if we hadn't of signed Cisse for a nice chunk of money we wouldn't be scraping the bottom of the barrel with 1.5 million bids for an essential area to our team.

Guest Roger Kint

Northern Monkey... blast from the past that!

I see he hasn't changed anyway. :lol:

Just realised why the name looked familiar. Just had a look through his previous....

7th place?? Not while we have Ashley and/or Pardew. Absolutely no chance.

We need to aim for 16th/17th.

Terrible owner (do NOT try the "he keeps us afloat crap", thats nowhere near true), poor manager, amnd a team that man-for-man is worse than the one that got relegated. So 7th?? muahahaha.

Guest Roger Kint

Yeah that was the plan but i get the feeling if we hadn't of signed Cisse for a nice chunk of money we wouldn't be scraping the bottom of the barrel with 1.5 million bids for an essential area to our team.

How do you know they are scraping the barrell though? Sure we are refusing to pay much for Mariappa but they clearly have a limit what they will spend on him which is fair enough. The problem is do you waste £8m on a £3-4m(or £4m on a £1.5-2m) player in Jan as backup knowing you will have Saylor/Colo as first choice when fit? Seems to me they are looking for a cheap short term type til the summer when a player equal to our first choices can be bought.

I think getting someone for less than their market value is all that matters to them.  Needs of the squad are secondary.

The CB situation's a concern, just have to hope we get away with it.

I don't think needs of the squad are secondary, I just think they won't buy someone unless he's good value.

I think getting someone for less than their market value is all that matters to them.  Needs of the squad are secondary.

I don't think needs of the squad are secondary, I just think they won't buy someone unless he's good value.

Value being the primary concern and the needs of the squad therefore being secondary?

I'm not expecting us to spunk up millions on anyone but going into the remainder of the season with just the 2 centre halves is a huge gamble that's being made because they put driving a hard bargain above the needs of the squad.

Value being the primary concern and the needs of the squad therefore being secondary?

I'm not expecting us to spunk up millions on anyone but going into the remainder of the season with just the 2 centre halves is a huge gamble that's being made because they put driving a hard bargain above the needs of the squad.

Well, sort of. The needs of the squad will be what decides which position(s) we go for, then value will decide which individual we end up with. I don't see anything wrong with that though. Obviously it would be class if we would just go out and buy a world-class CB for £15m, but we won't.

You might be right that we should be flexible in some situations and pay what we need to get a player, but that's easy for a fan to say.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that we'd sign a centre half for £15m if we thought he was worth £20m and would potentially have a high resale value.  It really seems like that's the main priority above all else when in actual fact it would just be nice to plug a gap until the end of the season.

Will you be saying that if Coloccini picks up a serious injury?

Don't see the point in this question really, obviously if that happens I'll be gutted. But unfortunately in football your signings have to be based on the players you have on your books, not just the ones that are fully fit and firing.

I've never disagreed we need backup in defence FWIW, we obviously do. The difficulty is finding the right singing.

I'm asking that question because we're one injury away from playing James Perch and two injuries away from another Norwich-type debacle.

I'm more than willing to cut them a bit of slack and was especially delighted with the signing of Cisse, but they're really neglecting that area of the squad for the sake of a few quid that we may end up losing in lost revenue for finishing a few places further down the table.  It's another gamble basically.

If we sign someone then fair play but if we don't then I don't think it's anything to be so casual about personally.  There's no point ripping your hair out but it's a big concern.

I'm asking that question because we're one injury away from playing James Perch and two injuries away from another Norwich-type debacle.

I'm more than willing to cut them a bit of slack and was especially delighted with the signing of Cisse, but they're really neglecting that area of the squad for the sake of a few quid that we may end up losing in lost revenue for finishing a few places further down the table.  It's another gamble basically.

If we sign someone then fair play but if we don't then I don't think it's anything to be so casual about personally.  There's no point ripping your hair out but it's a big concern.

Perch is a better footballer than Williamson IMO.

I suppose that's true, but we already have our first choice CB out, first and second for the last game. I just don't think you can plan your squad based on having three or four CBs missing at once. Not many squads can cope with that, nor would they be expected to.

I would be happier if we signed someone else though obviously, you're right about the short-term situation.