Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest toonlass

That's Kadar's best position apparently.

Yup, and this guy is supposed to be 6' 4" and we could do with some height in the back 4.

Who is telling you that?

Binnsy/Obi - Can you confirm the above & what yous think. The few times I have seen Kadar U18 & 2XI he has played CB.

It was Binnsy who told me that tbf.

Who is telling you that?

Binnsy/Obi - Can you confirm the above & what yous think. The few times I have seen Kadar U18 & 2XI he has played CB.

It was Binnsy who told me that tbf.

:thup:

Guest toonlass

Who is telling you that?

He came over to Britain playing primarily LB.

Who is telling you that?

He came over to Britain playing primarily LB.

I did see him in his 1st few games for the U18's he played CB & on joining he said his favorite position was CB. His favorite position does not really bother me if he is in the team I want playing in the position that best helps NUFC win games.

When Kadar signed,  his first season playing in the reserves he was playing left back and looking very good,  first time i saw him play at centre half was the away game against the mackems when he broke his leg stopping Henderson scoring, he was immense that night.  Since returning from that injury he's played mostly at centre back, although not that often for the reserves due to injury and being on the fringe of the first team.

Must be hard to be in that gray area between the reserves and the first team 'cause you're not getting much match time either way.

yes think it is, especially at the currrent time,  think the last reserve match was early December,  so say someone like Tozer gets thrown in against Palace he'll have had no match practice for 7 weeks!!  he could well be a bit rusty!!

The reserves did play an indoor practice match against Gateshead when it snowed but not sure how competitive that was.

Some papers are saying the Wilshire loan deal from Aersenal to Bolton has fallen through due to the argument between the two clubs recently over the Gallas tackle. If this is the case, we should steam in there and grab the lad until the end of the season.

Guest toonlass

So SSN has him signing within the next couple of days and the journal says it's unlikely, anyone know whats going on?

Not even Chris Hughton knows what's going on.

Its ridiculous if we dont get him in at this point.

We need cover, we're arguing over about 300,000 afaia. Theyre in a weak position but clearly moronic enough to draw this out forever, just get him in quickly so he can get into some games.

Guest icemanblue

I'm not too fussed, because it doesn't sound like Williamson is much better than the players we've got. He'd be here as cover. We may as well give Kadar a chance.

And if he gets injured?

I'm not too fussed, because it doesn't sound like Williamson is much better than the players we've got. He'd be here as cover. We may as well give Kadar a chance.

I would have agreed with that last week, but with Taylor out we need a big commanding CB in as a matter of urgency. Colo and Kadar are very good defenders but neither is exactly a beast in the air. We need a big hard bastard in to keep the balance right.

Heard that this should be completed by this week, Fat Ash has used the Beckford money to bid 1.5m for him not 1.2m as stated somewhere else, so its pretty much a done deal.

DONT BITE ME. :itk: Some ITK shit right there.

Heard that this should be completed by this week, Fat Ash has used the Beckford money to bid 1.5m for him not 1.2m as stated somewhere else, so its pretty much a done deal.

DONT BITE ME. :itk: Some ITK shit right there.

It would be ITK if it hadn't already been reported on SSN but nice effort anyway.

DONT BITE ME. :itk: Some ITK s*** right there.

It would be ITK if it hadn't already been reported on SSN but nice effort anyway.

I dont have SSN, my brother is a Pompey fan(for all his sins, yikes), we dont live in the UK either. Its whats coming out of the Pompey forums.

I would have agreed with that last week, but with Taylor out we need a big commanding CB in as a matter of urgency. Colo and Kadar are very good defenders but neither is exactly a beast in the air. We need a big hard bastard in to keep the balance right.

Well if he's offering us something we've not already got, then fair enough. If he's going to be displacing Kadar as the third choice CB, then I'm more bothered.

There's a lot of pressure to secure promotion, and I appreciate that Hughton would rather pitch in someone with experience, but if we were promoted I'd like to feel that we had a Premiership quality centre back in Williamson. Otherwise sacrificing the chance to give Kadar more experience makes no sense.

We had a similar situation with Harewood pushing Ranger down the pecking order. Looking to the longer term, we have to pitch Ranger in at some time.

With the huge financial consequences of relegation / not getting promotion, it's difficult for managers to take the step backward to take two steps forward that is the usual consequence of blooding youngsters. It's particularly difficult at our club, where the expectations are high. I just hope that Williamson really is a good addition and not just another body in the squad.

From what I have heard about Williamson we would be lucky to have him as back up next season so for £1m or whatever he sounds definitely worth the gamble, especially if he has already excelled in the division we are currently trying to get out of and Taylor it crocked.

No brainer.