Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest toonlass

What's this about his transfer being delayed? :kasper:

Well? What is it?

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9633/williamson.jpg

:cheesy:

Basically, we need more than two decent defenders.

assuming that's supposed to answer my question, let me clarify, why is HE coming here? promising championship defender gets a move to the premier league, gets unlucky and for whatever reason doesnt get played, then signs up for more time on the bench....back in the championship, nothing about that strikes you as a bit odd?

unless we're paying him big wages? nah

he's guranteed first team football? nah

he doesnt actually think he's that good and wants to sit on the bench? erm

his only reason for coming here is just to get away from pompey? maybe

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9633/williamson.th.jpg

You're the Punisher!!

I know there's this "they couldn't afford to play him" line being used, but even if they could, do you think he'd have played many games ahead of Kaboul & Ben Haim anyway?

I'm not really interested in that. I'm looking at the transfer, and we're getting him for a good price if it is 900k. You can only judge him on previous performances. If you look at the comments from GG, it seems like he's a good Championship player. We will have to wait and see about his Premiership credentials.

Basically, we need more than two decent defenders.

assuming that's supposed to answer my question, let me clarify, why is HE coming here? promising championship defender gets a move to the premier league, gets unlucky and for whatever reason doesnt get played, then signs up for more time on the bench....back in the championship, nothing about that strikes you as a bit odd?

unless we're paying him big wages? nah

he's guranteed first team football? nah

he doesnt actually think he's that good and wants to sit on the bench? erm

his only reason for coming here is just to get away from pompey? maybe

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9633/williamson.th.jpg

You're the Punisher!!

Big fan of that comic-book  :thup:

Plus FM is awesome, they predicted the transfer would get delayed!

Does this "misreading of contract" mean they won't have to cough up if they play him? If that's the case, I can see them keeping holding of him and selling Kaboul who'll probably fetch three times the fee.

Does this "misreading of contract" mean they won't have to cough up if they play him? If that's the case, I can see them keeping holding of him and selling Kaboul who'll probably fetch three times the fee.

For the sake of £1m, if it really was to do with this clause thing, I think they'd sooner sell Kaboul for £5m+ than Williamson for £1m.

It was apparently the person they had representing pompey agreed a deal with us for 900k without knowing they owed 1.2 mil to Watford or something along those lines..Sums pompey up really.

these guys are really trying to make mike ashley seem a very capable owner they really are

For the sake of £1m, if it really was to do with this clause thing, I think they'd sooner sell Kaboul for £5m+ than Williamson for £1m.

It was in reference to the deal pompey had struck with Newcastle in terms of how much Newcastle were paying and how much pompey actually owe, i.e. pompey realised they were still going to be short on cash to pay watford.

It was apparently the person they had representing pompey agreed a deal with us for 900k without knowing they owed 1.2 mil to Watford or something along those lines..Sums pompey up really.

They'd be better off sending him back to Watford for nothing.

Surely if they agreed a fee with us then there is some paperwork signed to say they'll sell him for that fee.

In which case tough s***, morons.

To be honest knowing the way we operate, we probably just took their word for it and haven't got any paper work.. I'm not sure on all the details, but they had a "report" from the Northeast about 15 minutes ago, It'll probably pop up again no doubt.