Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

on the Watford 606 board, they reckon Williamson is on between 5-10k p/w at Pompey and rate him. Appenrently Pompey still owe Watford £1 million, so i doubt very much any fee would be higher than that.

Guest Roger Kint

Tommy Smith just doesn't have the pace to be a good Premiership winger. Absolutely fine at this level..

I think we might fnd that's the case with Williamson as well.

Thats why he will be back up, the good thing about back up is that they generally dont have to play very often unless injuries/suspensions kick in, as long as he is decent he should do fine. We will have more pressing issues in the Premier League than who will be 3rd/4th choice CB tbh

Can't beleive some people are moaning about this signing, by all accounts he was very good at Watford. Who do people expect to come as back in, in the championship for peanuts? :lol:

Happy enough with this if it goes through, especially if he can cover 2 positions. Ohh squad depth, I like the thought of that!

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

He aint going to be match fit though, apparently he played his 1st reserve game for Pompey last night.

sky sports said earlier that he was on the verge of being loaned to watford, so i'm surprised we havn't went in on loan either. because if we get promoted, we'd need better back-up. pleased that we're getting him though, seems a handy transfer.

Who says he's not good enough for the Premiership though?, especially if it was only backup.

But he didn't play for Pompey (ignore any other reason why this could be except him obviously being shit!)   :frantic:

Who says he's not good enough for the Premiership though?, especially if it was only backup.

But he didn't play for Pompey (ignore any other reason why this could be except him obviously being shit!)   :frantic:

You're doing that 'moaning about people moaning before they're actually moaning' thing again.

You're doing that 'moaning about people moaning before they're actually moaning' thing again.

Have you read this thread?  ??? I can bump some posts if you want?

i particularly like when its addressed to 'people' when one person has said it

i particularly like when its addressed to 'people' when one person has said it

More than one.

Was impressive at this level at Watford, God knows what 5 months of being unable to play has done to him.

For those saying we could of done better get a fucking grip. How many centre backs would come to a Championship side to sit on the bench for large chunks of the season? If he can recapture the form he showed at Watford he'll be a decent, solid, unspectacular squad signing.

Was impressive at this level at Watford, God knows what 5 months of being unable to play has done to him.

For those saying we could of done better get a fucking grip. How many centre backs would come to a Championship side to sit on the bench for large chunks of the season? If he can recapture the form he showed at Watford he'll be a decent, solid, unspectacular squad signing.

No-one moaned ;)