Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

To be honest, a boring transfer. We could have invested in a new central defender from a team in France. Just like Bassong.

The Bassong transfer was a real find, without arguing who found him  :coolsmiley:  Players from the French top division are not likely to want to come over here.

Looks like we're buying players for another season in CCC rather than players that are good enough for the Premiership...

pompey bought him as back up for the premiership.

also i hope it's not the mike williamson i went to school with as he'll be 43 now, wasn't a good footballer and in the little school done PE in his desert boots.

Well I don't get it, why would he go to Newcastle. He knows that he wouldn't have a chance against Coloccini and Taylor. He will be benched again.

And what had Kadar done wrong since we're in such a need of another central defender?

Its impossible that both Taylor and Colo will get injured at same time? like was it Scunny and Notts Forest? Aslong as we dont end up with Simpson in the center, im happy...

Guest Roger Kint
Its impossible that both Taylor and Colo will get injured at same time? like was it Scunny and Notts Forest? Aslong as we dont end up with Simpson in the center, im happy...

Na sod it, lets just ask them not to sign anybody at all thats not a world class player so that people on here can whinge about us, its much easier than crazy ideas like 'back up' and 'squad depth' isnt it?

Extra quotes from Hughton (in the chronicle) that i don't think have been posted;

“For whatever reason, it has not worked out for Mike at Portsmouth.

“The fact that he attracted interest from Portsmouth before the season had really got under way shows that he has been regarded as a player who is capable of playing in the Premier League.

“He must have been doing something right.

“He’s a big lad and an imposing centre-back who gives us a different option to go with Steven Taylor and Fabricio Coloccini.

“Part of the reason he’s here is to increase competition for places and give us some cover.”

Na sod it, lets just ask them not to sign anybody at all thats not a world class player so that people on here can whinge about us, its much easier than crazy ideas like 'back up' and 'squad depth' isnt it?

Would rather want players in positions where we need them. A winger would do...

Then we can look at more players in the summer

Anyone agree with me that trying to get Huddlestone on loand for the rest of the season won't be a bad idea?

It is more likely that our midfield will be outplayed than it is that both of our central defenders will go out injured again.

But its only an issue if we're not looking to sort that area out aswell, lets hope we are. I tend to doubt it though.

Right wing is probably our best chance of a midfield signing, but thatd pretty much make pancrate a complete waste.

Guest icemanblue

Anyone agree with me that trying to get Huddlestone on loand for the rest of the season won't be a bad idea?

For real? You're actually serious?

I fucking hate our fans!

Are you for real? Jesus wept.

In the same way that getting Xavi on loan for the rest of the season won't be a bad idea

In the same way that getting Xavi on loan for the rest of the season won't be a bad idea

Messi tbh.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Stoke-criticise-Pompey-over-James.6006749.jp

We'll need to find Ali al-Mirage first.

'It seems they have been unable to track down one of their (Pompey's) owners to get approval for the deal,' said Scholes. Asked how he would describe having to deal with Pompey in their current predicament, he replied: 'Impossible.'

From what i gather our business is done with Pompey, it's now down to the club and the player. Stoke are still in negotiations with Pompey, so they are different circumstances.

Is Mike Williamson's transfer from Watford to Portsmouth the worst in English football history?  :rolleyes:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/22012010/58/premier-league-worst-signing.html

Thats a shocking article, typically lazy shite. Still i can think of a few who would fall for it ;D

Was just about to post this, it's absolute bollocks.

The fact it was knocked up about 20 minutes after the transfer was rumoured shows how much thought has gone into it.

The problem with the internet is that shite journos can now let their garbage spurt out all over the place at the drop of a hat. Then if it turns out to be wrong they can just remove it.