Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Colo arrogant? :lol:

GG, you said Williamson was "awesome" and "incredible" before he left :)

His impact upon our defence was rather impressive, yes, but having plucked him from League One only 7 months before he left, for him to think himself 'too big' for the club, refusing to play a game feigning illness and refusing to get onto the team bus in order to force a move to Portsmouth; absolute twat.

Colo arrogant? :lol:

GG, you said Williamson was "awesome" and "incredible" before he left :)

His impact upon our defence was rather impressive, yes, but having plucked him from League One only 7 months before he left, for him to think himself 'too big' for the club, refusing to play a game feigning illness and refusing to get onto the team bus in order to force a move to Portsmouth; absolute twat.

He just went up massively in my estimation. Cheers for that vital info :thup:

I can't help but feel that Colo is about to leave, I wouldn't be to botherd if it was a good bid and we get a decent player in replacement. it's just after being linked with so many defenders, mainly in central defence and now buying this bloke it looks like someone, and more then likely Colo leaving.

Why does it look like someone is going to leave? We only have two centre backs in the squad, three if you count Tozer.

Guest WashyGeordie

Everyone's been saying for ages that Colo will leave, I dunno where they're getting that from. There has been f*** all in the media.

He's off to Real Madrid.  :frantic:

Not a bad move if he can hold his price in the market. He's obviously not going to be great but i like the fact that Hughton was supposedly interested in the summer, shows he clearly rates the lad.

I hope we can get a deal sorted in the morning, so that he is registered for West Brom and give Colo or Taylor a rest.

Looking at FM (Yes, I know!) he's only played 16 games outside of League 2 in his whole career, for Watford in the Championship last year.

Just wish to fuck we'd buy a winger. Those saying we're short of cover at the back have a semblance of a point but we're far more short of cover on the wings.

Looking at FM (Yes, I know!) he's only played 16 games outside of League 2 in his whole career, for Watford in the Championship last year.

Just wish to fuck we'd buy a winger. Those saying we're short of cover at the back have a semblance of a point but we're far more short of cover on the wings.

I don't think that anyone's under the illusion that our priorities lie further up the pitch but we do need cover in defence. Losing Taylor or Colo without cover would hurt us.

In fairness to Hughton he seems to be "trying" to sign players further up the field (if rumours are to be believed).

I don't think that anyone's under the illusion that our priorities lie further up the pitch but we do need cover in defence. Losing Taylor or Colo without cover would hurt us.

In fairness to Hughton he seems to be "trying" to sign players further up the field (if rumours are to be believed).

Is he? The only player we've been linked with up field has been Beckford and we've lost out there as well by all accounts. We are buying at car boot sales and getting the left overs from those in reality.

He played 23 times for Watford in all competitions and scored 3 goals.

I dont think these are bad buys at all. Low fees, low wages, back up players, gives the squad more strength and the room to mprove to be first choice in the future, although Simpson is first choice now.

We need to freshen up the squad for the run in and with Simpson signed, Williamson possible, Harewood probable and talk of this lad O'Connor as well, at least we are getting in bodies at a cheap cost.

If we go up, then summer spending is more crucial.

Don't know if this is true, but apparently we can't sign him because he's played for both Watford and Portsmouth this season.

Apparently he hasn't played for Portsmouth because if he did they'd have to pay an appearance fee. And they obviously can't afford it.