Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

I'm not slating him, just think he needs to stop backing off strikers and start stepping up into challenges/blocks.

He's a decent defender, who's had some excellent performances this season. Would like to see us spend £7m+ on a CB in the summer.

I'm not slating him, just think he needs to stop backing off strikers and start stepping up into challenges/blocks.

He's a decent defender, who's had some excellent performances this season. Would like to see us spend £7m+ on a CB in the summer.

Aye, and I'd like a brand new sports car :razz:

To be fair, both would be totally unnecessary purchases. As what you have already is perfectly adequate to do the job.

To be fair, both would be totally unnecessary purchases. As what you have already is perfectly adequate to do the job.

Have you seen my Corsa? It's nearly on its last legs. And it's only two years old :lol:

I said the other day what a shame it was Bassong left to warm the bench at Spurs. Him and Colo would've been a very good CB partnership. Add in Jose and that's 3 very good players in the back 4.

Well, if we do qualify for Europe, shed some of the deadwood, put the income of them and the saving of wages into the transfer budget why can't we sign a good CB in the summer, alongside a striker?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01373/mike-ashley_1373367c.jpg

Have you seen my Corsa? It's nearly on its last legs. And it's only two years old :lol:

Aye, I obviously know more about it than you...for a starter is doesn't have legs...

:smug: :iamatwat:

Well, if we do qualify for Europe, shed some of the deadwood, put the income of them and the saving of wages into the transfer budget why can't we sign a good CB in the summer, alongside a striker?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01373/mike-ashley_1373367c.jpg

And I'm the one that gets told that we should be getting behind Ashley as the owner of our football club.

I think spending 7m on a defender certainly wouldn't get us a better CB than Colo and probably wouldn't get anyone better than Williamson or Taylor.  Would be a huge waste of money and would be the signal for Kadar to leave.

In these days of financial hardship, where the club is carrying a lot of debt and making a loss, 7m on what is probably our strongest area is the sort of decision that gets clubs to where Portsmouth are now.

And I'm the one that gets told that we should be getting behind Ashley as the owner of our football club.

Of course, but getting behind him doesn't mean he'll magically change :laugh:

We won't bring in a new CB in the summer. Handing Taylor and Williamson 5-year contracts were indicative of the fact we won't be signing a CB in the summer.

I just have concerns about them two as a pairing if Colo were to get injured.

I think a Taylor/Williamson partnership is a perfectly acceptable second choice pair.  It's when Colo AND Williamson were injured.  Kadar isn't yet ready and Campbell is pure shite.  I think eventually we will need a quality second CB to pair with Colo, but not until we have a quality new striker, a good all round CM, a RW who can cross, and a backup LB.

We aren't as rich as we used to be!

I think a Taylor/Williamson partnership is a perfectly acceptable second choice pair.  It's when Colo AND Williamson were injured.  Kadar isn't yet ready and Campbell is pure shite.  I think eventually we will need a quality second CB to pair with Colo, but not until we have a quality new striker, a good all round CM, a RW who can cross, and a backup LB.

We aren't as rich as we used to be!

Tavernier?

I like how you're still banging this drum that Fashley is still unwilling to sanction outgoings for young, hungry players with potential or astute, experienced players at reasonable prices at reasonable wages that the club feels it can afford.

He has made a number of mistakes in his conduct while running the club, but the vast majority of players we've signed in the last 2 years have been worthwhile.