Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

I think spending 7m on a defender certainly wouldn't get us a better CB than Colo and probably wouldn't get anyone better than Williamson or Taylor.  Would be a huge waste of money and would be the signal for Kadar to leave.

In these days of financial hardship, where the club is carrying a lot of debt and making a loss, 7m on what is probably our strongest area is the sort of decision that gets clubs to where Portsmouth are now.

:thup:

• 2 weeks later...

I've said it all along he gets lucky all the time. Very limited defender. Should've been pens on two occasions last night.

Should be moved to 4th choice in the summer and we should look to bring in someone with some of the Carroll money.

Williamson struggles against forwards with any semblance of decent movement - on or off the ball - and power. Sunderland played to his strength by lumping the ball forward at two relatively small strikers and Spurs played one up front and went sideways with the ball until the last 20 minutes.

He's a decent back-up option at this level, but should be nothing more.

Guest TrueToon

Ticking time bomb.Don't rate him at all.Is Tayls injured? If so,When is he back,Because Williamson is going to cost us big time! We can't afford to concede silly goals at the minute as we can't reply with 2 or 3 goals if we go behind the way things are up front so its going to have to be a very strong defensive effort from now til' the end of the season,Theres going to be alot times where we are going to have to go into games hoping to nick a goasl and stay tight at the back and i just feel Williamson is a major liability...

Guest Roger Kint

Been riding his luck too much with the holding in the box. Amazed he gets away with it so much, looks short of confidence too. He almost shit himself when on the ball second half even though he was under no pressure.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Very poor last night. He's had some good games as part of the defensive unit, but this was another one of his poor ones. Slow, weak, very limited.

Needs to fkn stop grabbing players, its the only way he can defend on set pieces.

yep - probably continues to do it because he keeps getting away with it

Yup and the more the media draw attention to it the more chance there is of a ref doing something about it.

Does everyone know that it was Enrique that Duff beat for the goal?

Williamson put a great, goal saving tackle in not long before that as well, after Jose had fucked up and lost possession fannying on outside the box.

Jose fkd up but was covering more at CB  when he fkd up, long ball came from Murphy who was not closed down.

My issue with Williamson is not so much in open play its all the fkn grabbing and holding on set pieces.

Does everyone know that it was Enrique that Duff beat for the goal?

Williamson put a great, goal saving tackle in not long before that as well, after Jose had f***ed up and lost possession fannying on outside the box.

Jose fkd up but was covering more at CB  when he fkd up, long ball came from Murphy who was not closed down.

My issue with Williamson is not so much in open play its all the fkn grabbing and holding on set pieces.

It was highlighted last night and we could do without that, but every centre back does it all the time nowadays. Juniors are being coached to do it "properly" to minimise it being evident.

Personally I hate it, but I don't think williamson does it any more that any other CB in the league - possible exception Colo who is just so good he doesn't need to.

One of the stupidest things I ever heard a TV pundit say (and theres plenty of competition) was when the idiot Lawrenson was analysing a possible (but not given) penalty a few years ago. The forward was getting his shirt blatantly pulled and the scouse dim wit said "oh it's nothing really just a bit of shirt tugging, it happens all the time so it would have been harsh to give it"

FFS where do the BBC get them and how much do they pay them to spout such wisdom ?