Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

And the other 10 league games he's played suggest otherwise. Give it a rest, it's not as if he had shockers in any of those games bar Bolton anyway, and that day everybody had a collective disaster.

Man City away? Wtf :lol: He played very well that game. Perfect challenge on Tevez.

I'm happy he's here and think he's good enough for us and will be for the next 2 or 3 seasons.

I think he's at the same level as Taylor but with different weaknesses, though I can see Taylor stepping up his game by Williamsons age. Nothing wrong with Williamsons quality, he's had a few rough games but gas been unlucky while not really having the chance to bounce back.

I'm not quite sure who we think we are demanding top quality defenders 1st season back in the prem. Defenders who do it right 100% of the time don't exist while those who do it at 90% cost £20m+ and play for the worlds biggest clubs. Defending is unforgiven, any mistake magnified and usually costs a attempt at goal at the very least. Where some get the idea we should have better than Williamson as 2nd/3rd choice in our state is beyond me.

I'm happy he's here and think he's good enough for us and will be for the next 2 or 3 seasons.

I think he's at the same level as Taylor but with different weaknesses, though I can see Taylor stepping up his game by Williamsons age. Nothing wrong with Williamsons quality, he's had a few rough games but gas been unlucky while not really having the chance to bounce back.

I'm not quite sure who we think we are demanding top quality defenders 1st season back in the prem. Defenders who do it right 100% of the time don't exist while those who do it at 90% cost £20m+ and play for the worlds biggest clubs. Defending is unforgiven, any mistake magnified and usually costs a attempt at goal at the very least. Where some get the idea we should have better than Williamson as 2nd/3rd choice in our state is beyond me.

Completely agree other than with the bit in bold as Taylor's game has not developed at all over the last 4 years.

Completely agree other than with the bit in bold as Taylor's game has not developed at all over the last 4 years.

:thup:

I think Taylor could improve beyond where he is now, I just can't see it happening.

Colocho, your argument here is absolute nonsense tbh. If a player is up to the task then they are good enough, regardless of age. Williamson isn't 'top class' but despite your personal vendetta he's also not the anti-christ.

Hell, there's a guy playing for Deportivo who played amateur football in France until he was 27 while working as a bus conductor at the same time. Now after a season or 3 professionally in Portugal he's playing in the Spanish top flight for one of the traditional Spanish 'big boys'. Some players simply slip through the net, or don't round their game off to their full potential until much later than others. Williamson has done the rounds in the lower divisions, stepped up to the Championship and is now a more than able Premier League squad player. He's not got the best physical or technical attributes but he reads the game resonably well, plays things safe and has got the best out of his natural ability level.

Top post

Perch aside, Williamson has been our weakest defender this season.

Campbell.

So he's the 3rd worst defender in a defensive unit that has been relatively succesful and functional this season? Hardly a disaster.

What are you expecting from our players this season? Sure in time we should be looking to replace him, but atm he's a perfectly acceptable player for our current situation.

Even Campbell has looked good in games, but seems to run out of steam as the game goes on. People are just being picky here, central defence is not a major concern at the moment. Yes we would like to improve it but just about every other position is more urgent.

Even Campbell has looked good in games, but seems to run out of steam as the game goes on. People are just being picky here, central defence is not a major concern at the moment. Yes we would like to improve it but just about every other position is more urgent.

Woah Defence should be a MAJOR concern, some of the defending has been truly dreadful (Man City). Enrique has played well and Simpsons developing but Colcocini, Campbell, Taylor and  Williamson play like Schizo's this season

Common sense-tastic !!

Campbell.

Has started 3 games. We all know he is unfit and past his best.

Does that mean he doesn't count then?

No, not at all. Williamson started the season match fit, Campbell did not. You can't compare the two tbh.

It's not a vendetta ''oldtype'' he's a decent player - who in 18 months time will hopefully be a squad player.