Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Campbell.

Has started 3 games. We all know he is unfit and past his best.

Does that mean he doesn't count then?

No, not at all. Williamson started the season match fit, Campbell did not. You can't compare the two tbh.

It's not a vendetta ''oldtype'' he's a decent player - who in 18 months time will hopefully be a squad player.

He's a squad player now ;)

Decent squad player tbh, happy with him but he isn't as good as some make out nor is he as bad as some make out.

But hyperbole is the spice of life Greg.

And clearly the best spice the universe has ever seen at that.

Willo was extremely fortunate to have Colo clean up his mistakes in the first half. He had me worried for the first 45 but once he came out for the second half, he was a different man. He's made a quite productive partnership with Colo but he must improve his composure when the other team attacks on the break to maintain a more consistent defence.

impressive second. If Pardew gives him his support he will see that he is a better player than Saylor. but then again, Pardew seems to like ass lickers.

again. impressive second half, won everything in the air :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

I'm a little suprised more has'nt been made of Williamson's performance, tbh. I don't know exactly what it is, but when he plays, I feel much more confident about our defence than when Taylor plays, even to the extent that when he makes mistakes, I don't worry as much. In the second half I thought he was excellent, and lead Coloccini's example. If he can remain at that level, it's a no-brainer to play him ahead of Taylor.

I'm a little suprised more has'nt been made of Williamson's performance, tbh. I don't know exactly what it is, but when he plays, I feel much more confident about our defence than when Taylor plays, even to the extent that when he makes mistakes, I don't worry as much. In the second half I thought he was excellent, and lead Coloccini's example. If he can remain at that level, it's a no-brainer to play him ahead of Taylor.

Agree with that. He made up for his Stevenage performance yesterday, even though there were a couple of dodgy moments.

I think the thing with him is he's not a standalone top player, the sort who'll do well in any side, but he's an excellent team player. He has/will take a game or two to get up to speed after being messed around by Pardew, but we're a more solid force with him alongside Colloccini and cooperating, instead of someone like Taylor running off like a wayward dog.

I might have judged him to early saying that Saylor and Campbell were better defenders. Whilst I still believe he is an average defender, he's the best partner for Coloccini. I still think we should look to strenghten this position though.

Often, a CB pairong is more than the sum of it's parts. Colo's best performances come when he is partnered with Williamson. Somehow they complement each other in a way that makes their performances better.

Talyor is dreadful and a total prick. That is way Pardew is playing him.

Has he ever been as dreadful as Williamson was at Stevenage, at Bolton or against Blackburn, all in the last couple of months?

Truly staggering how overrated Williamson is by some on here.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Talyor is dreadful and a total prick. That is way Pardew is playing him.

Taylor's not a bad player at all.

I get the impression when Williamson makes a mistake he learns from it and thinks about how to put it right if he's in the situation again etc. Taylor I think has shown he doesn't learn from his mistakes as he still does the same things now as he did when he first came through. Diving in, getting caught out of position etc