Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

I know nothing about this player. Is he a central midfielder?

As far as I can tell we haven't played a central midfielder since about 2005. It's unlikely that mike will sort us out, much as I rate the man.

Guest Roger Kint

We're prepared to spend £1.4m in ONE transfer window?! :frantic:

According to Leeds they turned down £2.25m so that would have been £3m with Simpson :frantic:

Guest Roger Kint

Looking at FM (Yes, I know!) he's only played 16 games outside of League 2 in his whole career, for Watford in the Championship last year.

He played 23 times for Watford in all competitions and scored 3 goals.

That makes him 23 games and 3 goals better off than Beckford at this point then  ;D

Looking at FM (Yes, I know!) he's only played 16 games outside of League 2 in his whole career, for Watford in the Championship last year.

That makes him 23 games and 3 goals better off than Beckford at this point then  ;D

He reminds me of a young Andy Cole TBH.

Guest Roger Kint

He reminds me of a young Andy Cole TBH.

:thup: ;D

Sky Sports News  understands that Portsmouth defender Mike Williamson is having a medical at Newcastle.

The Championship leaders have had a bid - thought to be around £1million - accepted for the 26-year-old.

The centre-half has not featured for Pompey's first-team since a £3million switch from Watford in September and wants regular football.

The club were working on the player's terms and he is now having a medical on Friday.

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton earlier told the Northern Echo: "There has been an offer made which has been accepted and at the moment we're just working on the lad's terms.

"He's a lad with good pedigree.

"He did very, very well at Watford and I have known about him for a while. We were interested in him before he went to Portsmouth but his games have been limited there."

Last of the big spenders eh Mike, a fkn nobody for £1mill.

Have you ev... Fuck it. Of course you haven't.

:lol:

No I aint seen him play, I doubt many have... Pompey are utter shit and in a huge mess yet he don't even get to kick a ball for them.

I hope am wrong and he turns out to be okay but well kets hope our current back four can all stay fit and then we won;t have to worry about it.

Guest icemanblue

No I aint seen him play, I doubt many have... Pompey are utter shit and in a huge mess yet he don't even get to kick a ball for them.

I hope am wrong and he turns out to be okay but well kets hope our current back four can all stay fit and then we won;t have to worry about it.

Read a couple of pages back, man.

He hasn't played because £1m of his fee is based on appearances and Portsmouth can't afford to pay any of it (apparently they can't even afford to pay the rest of the initial fee they offered for him which is due in the next couple of months, according to Watford fans anyway).

Missed this, good info if true.

Well I guesss we shall see soon enough eh

Guest johnson293

TBH, i'd never heard of him before - didn't recognise the name when I saw the headline.

Still, hopefully he'll be a useful squad member, and Hughton must know about him to be making a move for him.

Seems like exactly what we need. We're one injury to Taylor or Colo away from an epic shit-hits-the-fan moment.

Good cover for next to nothing is exactly the kind of sensible signing that NUFC has failed to make for so many seasons now.

Guest Roger Kint

Have you ev... f*** it. Of course you haven't.

No I aint seen him play, I doubt many have... Pompey are utter s*** and in a huge mess yet he don't even get to kick a ball for them.

Its much easier to piss and moan about things if you let ignorance rule your head though ;D

Guest MrSundlofer

To be honest, a boring transfer. We could have invested in a new central defender from a team in France. Just like Bassong.