Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

£1.5m isn't a lot in today's market. And he's English  :frantic:

Everyone else demands millions for their players.

We give ours away, basically.  Routledge could easily reasonably command double that.

It's obviously because we have an enormous squad and we'll hardly miss... oh, wait...

Guest taps01

We give ours away, basically.  Routledge could easily reasonably command double that.

It's obviously because we have an enormous squad and we'll hardly miss... oh, wait...

He always seems to be sold for about that figure though.  Personally i think we are quite good at getting decent money for our players.

We give ours away, basically.

We made Andy Carroll the 8th most expensive player ever tbf, and most other outgoing deals have been good or very good deals for us.

Pardew has basically said he wont be playing Routledge so that has knocked down the price somewhat.

Not sure why Newcastle are so eager to get rid of Routledge to be honest, he will be on next to nothing and he's a decent squad player for his pace.

1.5 million sounds roughly his price and a swap for Taylor maybe about right but i've never really seen Taylor play, obviously watched Swansea a fair few times last season but Taylor has never stood out but not many left backs do.

I'm confused about our haste to get rid of him as well, he's not a regular starter for a top club but he's a decent option every so often for a  midtable one.

Showing a distinct lack of ambition there Ian. :coolsmiley:

Well actually I did think that as I posted it, I guess if the club really do think we will finish roundabout a Europa league spot then he is someone we should be upgrading. It just doesn't seem like we have that many options for the right.

I'm confused about our haste to get rid of him as well, he's not a regular starter for a top club but he's a decent option every so often for a  midtable one.

Showing a distinct lack of ambition there Ian. :coolsmiley:

Well actually I did think that as I posted it, I guess if the club really do think we will finish roundabout a Europa league spot then he is someone we should be upgrading. It just doesn't seem like we have that many options for the right.

Options? Barton, Gosling, Jonas, Kazenga Lua Lua, Sammy Ameobi, Marvaux, Ben Arfa, some of the other youngsters, and if we can't get shot, Raylor can all do a job there surely?

Seems completely pointless to me keeping Routledge as well if we feel he's had his chance and will never amount to much.

Good deal if we swap him for Taylor, we gain left back cover as well as replacing Routledge with Marveaux.

My thoughts exactly. Routledge simply put is a very poor Premiership player. Swap for Neil Taylor sounds good to me. As we are a little light at the back and need back up for Enrique/Enrique's replacement.

As bottled dog rightly points out i would probably try all of those players he mentions and maybe the youngsters before Routledge. He's not going to even make our bench.

Unfortunately although the clubs may agree a deal Routledge he will also have a big say in where he goes.