Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

TBF Brummie, Milner was average as fuck for us and now it seems he's turned into a world beater. Palace fans are gutted he's gone and they are in the same league as us. I'm not saying you are not trying to be honest but what i'm saying is that most Newcastle fans think/thought many off this list were shit too;

Jenas

Parker

Owen

Bramble (well ok he is)

Milner

Carr (WTF)

All of which have been good or are doing good jobs at their current clubs.

Not sure how anyone can say he flopped at Villa. They have the best right wing coach in the world, Bobertson or someone, the man who (based on information provided in this forum) taught Garrincha how to dribble effectively, and is now working hard to turn Milner into the most feared right winger in the northern hemisphere (and has successfully done so, so much so that the Government has passed a ruling forcing Villa to play Milner in midfield in case his right wing awesomeness caused a nuclear fallout).

Robertson's a great coach, but there's only so much turd polishing you can engage in.

Maybe Routledge didn't like the stench of 60 B&H a day, and therefore didn't bond with him or something.

Or maybe I'm wrong, and he's actually the reincarnation of Garrincha, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

If he is he'll need extra long shorts then.

Be interesting to hear Brummie's view on him other than:

Wayne Routledge is absolutely shite.

and

Same shit we said when we signed him.

'Promising young player, career back on track yada yad yada', but he was shite.

And his head is too big for his body.

brummie always laid into Reo-Coker as well which I didn't think was 100% warranted. Maybe it takes relegation and spending 6ok a week on other teams cast-offs to appreciate players values with a level head.

I appreciate you all want him to do well, but honestly, trust me, he's fucking shite.

You think Milner's crosses hit the first man all the time, at least he tried to get a cross in, Routledge is useless, if he can't knock it past the defender and beat him for pace, he hasn't got a fucking clue.

What's more, he's got a dreadful attitude, slouches around doing nothing and hiding from the ball.

When Marlon signed for you, I was quite honest in saying I tohught he'd do well at that level. Routledge won't though. He's not good enough.

Sorry.

As for NRC, can't pass three yards, blissfully unaware of the game going on around him, runs into brick walls. Has the first touch of a rapist.

Routledge is worse, though.

I think it's all about balance when it comes to make up of a team. Most of our players have the first touch of a rapist other than the spent fuckers your manager wouldn't consider in a month of Sundays. When MON wants to sign Smith, Butt, Ryan Taylor or Nolan we can discuss this further. Otherwise it's pretty much redundant really.

From what I can see Routledge only played for Villa twice - and one of those was as a sub in the 86th minute......

I couldn't remember him playing much either like?

I remember him and Johnson being bloody good for Palace though.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm more inclined to go with what Brummie's saying considering he'll have seen it first hand, especially when I hardly even remember what he's like. However, and this is a big however at the moment, if he has been playing well for QPR this season then his time at Villa is irrelevant until we hopefully get back into the PL, it's still notable, but irrelevant.

I just hope for once we're capable of improving a player.

As I said before, even when he joined Villa he had been inactive for yonks, after being messed about by Tottenham, and he was also coming off an injury.

It's not as though when they bought him he had been flying at his previous club or anything. His confidence was shattered at that point he was at his absolute lowest when he went to Villa. They didn't exactly bring him in for the first team either so what was his spur or motivation really. I doubt he felt he had a real chance. Just another experience as he had just had at Pompey and Fulham. The odd appearance here and there.

Your being harsh Brummie so quit it. I recall very well his first year in the prem with Palace, as I used to live near the area and he was very good. A lot of clubs were after him at the end of that season don't forget. Tottenham just messed him around big time.

Over the summer people were writing off both Boateng and Kaboul! Boateng didn't have a squad number last year! He's twice the player Jenas is!

Tell you what, don't want to keep banging on, so let's reconvene here in May and see how it went.

No biggie. Just expressing my point of view. Just feel there were a lot of other reasons why he would have been so poor then. We can only hope for the best afterall.

If we don't get Vaughan can we have Delfouneso by the way?

As I said before, even when he joined Villa he had been inactive for yonks, after being messed about by Tottenham, and he was also coming off an injury.

It's not as though when they bought him he had been flying at his previous club or anything. His confidence was shattered at that point he was at his absolute lowest when he went to Villa. They didn't exactly bring him in for the first team either so what was his spur or motivation really. I doubt he felt he had a real chance. Just another experience as he had just had at Pompey and Fulham. The odd appearance here and there.

Your being harsh Brummie so quit it. I recall very well his first year in the prem with Palace, as I used to live near the area and he was very good. A lot of clubs were after him at the end of that season don't forget. Tottenham just messed him around big time.

Over the summer people were writing off both Boateng and Kaboul! Boateng didn't have a squad number last year! He's twice the player Jenas is!

He'd done nothing at all at Spurs.

He went to Portsmouth on loan and did nothing.

He went to Fulham on loan and did nothing.

Came to us, did nothing.

Went to Cardiff on loan, did nothing.

He's been at QPR, what, a year?

As I said, though, let's see how it pans out.

Guest Heneage

Came to us, did nothing.

I normally nod along with your posts but

Tell you what, don't want to keep banging on, so let's reconvene here in May and see how it went.

No biggie. Just expressing my point of view. Just feel there were a lot of other reasons why he would have been so poor then. We can only hope for the best afterall.

That boy is so promising.

Yup, seems like it would be a good time for him to get more games on loan, but O'Neill doesn't seem too thrilled by the idea.

Yup, seems like it would be a good time for him to get more games on loan, but O'Neill doesn't seem too thrilled by the idea.

We're too short up front, sadly. Last season was the time to send him on loan, I think.

Guest Heneage

I normally agree with you, but to quote our own Ronaldo 'My Cardiff supporting mate' (I have facebook proof!) Loved Routledge at Cardiff and was desperate for them to sign him. I was also a big fan of his at Portsmouth. He hardly got a sniff at Villa or Fulham. Ok so he isn't some world class winger, but who knows what he can be for us, players have gone from reserve to important players in short spaces of time, KBP is a good example, he was poor for Spurs and even worse for Dortmund, now he's looking a good player because he's been shown faith, something it's fair to say no team in the top flight since a very poor Palace side has done.

Came to us, did nothing.

Unfortunately our promotion isn't going to be decided on one player. Just like your manager wouldn't entertain the idea of signing Butt, Smith, Nolan, Taylor, Lovenkrands, Coloccini, Ameobi or Carroll, I doubt Routledge will be the straw that broke the camels back.

I normally agree with you, but to quote our own Ronaldo 'My Cardiff supporting mate' (I have facebook proof!) Loved Routledge at Cardiff and was desperate for them to sign him. I was also a big fan of his at Portsmouth. He hardly got a sniff at Villa or Fulham. Ok so he isn't some world class winger, but who knows what he can be for us, players have gone from reserve to important players in short spaces of time, KBP is a good example, he was poor for Spurs and even worse for Dortmund, now he's looking a good player because he's been shown faith, something it's fair to say no team in the top flight since a very poor Palace side has done.

Came to us, did nothing.

Quote FAIL.

Came to us, did nothing.

he's done very well at Cardiff and QPR so it doesn't really match up that he isn't good enough even for this level. He's probably one of the best in his position in this division and one of the best individual players NUFC have came up against so far this season. It remains to be seen how he will do here - lots of distractions on Tyneside, big club pressure, not the best manager and so on - but he looks like the kind of player we've been missing recently, a bit of pace, trickery, creativity and balance for the right wing. we need more but it is a start.

Utter shite, he was the best player in the championship when he was there. he only played about 2 games for Villa anyway ffs.

I hope he works out for you, as I did Marlinho, just saying it as i saw it.

He was down there with Didier Agathe as a signing for us.

Norwich fans thought Bellamy was an absolute joke, but he was excellent for us.  Milner was pretty ordinary for us, but apparently he's excellent for you.

Obviously it didn't work out for him at Villa, doesn't mean much to me to be honest.  I'd be much more worried if QPR fans didn't rate him.

Hang on, he did shite at Cardiff?  You're talking total shit :lol: