Chris Burke Cardiff City 6

Peter Whittingham Cardiff City 6

Grant Leadbitter Ipswich Town 6

Jonás Gutiérrez Newcastle United 6

Radoslaw Majewski Nottingham Forest

Good signs.

Obviously shite if he's not even got more assists than Guthrie :rolleyes:

Why have they sold him? Any ideas?

Rather strange imo.. I doubt Ashley would pay more than a million or so.. so it's not like we've made an offer they can't refuse.. maybe their board are as clueless as they seem

It's pretty much nailed on that he's paid more than a million or so considering Middlesbrough had a 1.5 million bid turned down.

How much did we pay for him?

Some papers saying about £2m

christ ashley must be having convulsions 2.7m out so far

There goes our Puma and Northern Rock money.

Aye, nightmare. :dowie:

/Good to see the Smoggies laying into their fucking supa dupa chairman. :lol:

Got to have Nolan in the middle i know he is a fat overweight pudding but hes our top scorer and much more of a goal threat than useless guthrie

The same Guthrie who has created more league goals than anyone else in our squad?

This.  Nolan was diabolical in the 2-2 with WBA.

Nolan's been diabolical most of the season tbh, it's the fact that the goals have dried up that makes it even worse.

You know that sitter he missed?

Well I was watching the build up play very closely when we were charging up the right, and the only reason he got to miss that sitter because he walked from the centre circle to the edge of the box. I was fuming. Smith and Nolan play far too deep!!!! Hopefully Guthrie will be an AM and Smith  his usual self in a DM and we can play a diamond :aww:

I'm confused.

Does this out of the blue signing mean that we have to stop chanting "You fat fucking cockernee bastard, get out of our club?" now or what?

Or can we still claim that Mike Ashley is still the anti-Christ? ???

Guest Stephen927

I'm confused.

Does this out of the blue signing mean that we have to stop chanting "You fat f***ing cockernee b******, get out of our club?" now or what?

I am hoping the latter. It's fun.

I'm confused.

Does this out of the blue signing mean that we have to stop chanting "You fat fucking cockernee bastard, get out of our club?" now or what?

' you fat cockney bastard Wayne better be good'

I'm confused.

Its a bit early to forgive him for all his past fuck ups.

I'm confused.

' you fat cockney bastard Wayne better be good'

Catchy, I like it. :pow:

"He better be good, he better be goooooood! You fat cockney bastard! Wayne better be gooood!"

Nice. :snod:

I'm confused.

Does this out of the blue signing mean that we have to stop chanting "You fat f***ing cockernee b******, get out of our club?" now or what?

' you fat cockney b****** Wayne better be good'

Catchy, I like it. :pow:

"He better be good, he better be goooooood! You fat cockney b******! Wayne better be gooood!"

Nice. :snod:

Or even

"You better be good, you better be goooooood! You fat headed b******! You better be gooood!"

Has  looked shite in the PL since leaving Palace but in the CCC he proved to be one of the best wingers. If he ever gets anywhere near to his Palace form we will have a really good player on our hands. Hopefully with a point to prove to Spurs & Villa he will fulfill his potential at NUFC.

Guest WashyGeordie

Perfect signing for us tbh, speedy right winger. We may actually have a successful transfer window if we bring in a CB (Williamson presumably) to cover Taylor.

Delighted.

Aswell as Vaughan on loan.

w000000t.  :cheesy:

Has  looked shite in the PL since leaving Palace

Really? Far as I knew, he went to Spurs and was alright-ish before his injury problems, followed by quite successful loan spells to Pompey and Fulham, before he went to Villa and never played.

I could be wrong, though.

Awesome signing as far as I'm concerned. Will offer a decent balance to the side and we'll no longer have to focus our attacks up the left flank. That ploy was starting to get a tad obvious to the opposition!

Still, any deal that leaves the smoggies gasping for breath has to be worth it's weight in gold!!!  :mackems:

Look North show an excellent clip of him playing for Fulham, fouling George McCartney.

They also said the NUST have 50million quid now or summit

That's nice of them, didn't realise Routledge cost that much... ;)

Wayne's World: Premier Ambition Top Toon Attraction

By Craig Hope

WAYNE Routledge admits that the prospect of a return to the Premier League with Newcastle United was the biggest draw in his switch to Tyneside.

The 25-year-old's whirlwind move was finalised on Tuesday morning as he penned a three-and-a-half-year deal at the club's North Tyneside headquarters before meeting with his new team-mates for the first time.

And Routledge, speaking exclusively to nufcTV, outlined his reasons for joining the black-and-white promotion push.

"As soon as I knew of the chance to come here I jumped at it," said the 25-year-old ahead of a potential debut against former club Crystal Palace on Wednesday night.

"It feels great to here; it's a massive club with massive expectations, an unbelievable support and I just can't wait to get started.

"The main aim of the club is to get back to the Premier League and that is my aim, too.

"This club is all geared up for promotion and I'm here to help make that happen.

"There's a lot of quality in the squad with players who have played for their country, in the Champions League and have won a lot of honours.

"I just hope now to become a part of that and play my part."

Has  looked s**** in the PL since leaving Palace

Really? Far as I knew, he went to Spurs and was alright-ish before his injury problems, followed by quite successful loan spells to Pompey and Fulham, before he went to Villa and never played.

I could be wrong, though.

Haway man....if he had of done that well at Pompey or Fulham they would bought him. I don't recall him being that good over the season for either Pompey or Fulham be nice if a Pompey or Fulham posted on that though. He has bounced around a few CCC clubs for the last few season so there are fucking ??? marks hanging over him. Hopefully he will show everyone what a good player he is & help NUFC get back to the PL.

Perfect signing for us tbh, speedy right winger. We may actually have a successful transfer window if we bring in a CB (Williamson presumably) to cover Taylor.

Delighted.

Aswell as Vaughan on loan.

w000000t.  :cheesy:

Aye, starting to look a decent team if these come off.

Harper/Krul

Simpson/R.Taylor - Taylor/Kadar - Colo/Williamson - Enrique/Kadar

Routledge/Pancrate - Nolan/Guthrie - Barton/Smith - Jonas/Loven

Loven/Vaughan - Shola/Carroll

Could do with some better cover on the left as I don't think Kadar or Loven make decent enough Full backs or Wingers respectively, and a new CM with legs, but other than that that's a team to match WBA at least.