Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

The lad is 25 and had 8 clubs doesnt that strike anyone as a bit worrying

That's typical of any young player who doesn't live up to his initial hype really. They're always shunted out on loan quite a bit.

He has only been shunted out on loan a few times

he has played for 4 different prem teams now 4 different championship teams and 25 is not young....i hope im wrong but this lad doesnt strike me as anything special

The thing is if we mean business we should be looking at teams with financial difficulties and snaring their players

Victor Moses

Peter Whittingham

Ross Mcormack

Michael Chopra

Tom Cleverly

these guys would guarantee that promotion push and would make excellent squad members for prem teams

Cardiff arent going to sell players to rivals when theyre pushing very close for promotion themselves

Moses will likely have prem interest & Cleverleys obviously enjoying his loan experience at watford.

Routledge is a solid signing for a weak position, absolutely pointless getting down on it before hes played.

What are you expecting to get for £1m? Arjen Robben?

Inconsistent, injury-prone, cant seem to settle at his clubs, and looks 40 years old. We'd have trouble selling shirts with his name on looking like a granddad and that really isn't good enough for Newcastle Utd in the glorious position were in.

Has no one heard of him before or something? He's quick, gets down the line and runs at defenders. Its an awesome signing in our situation if you ask me, if only because now defenders can't double up on Jonas as easily. He's not going to tear the PL apart, but will contribute to us going up.

Poor mans Keith Gillespie - but we are poor men

Just under a million for Routledge? Wow ...

The Times is going with £900K , elsewhere it is reported: "But flush with the £2million they made on the Routledge deal"

if it is anything near that amount, why would they sell him for such a cheap price considering he's done extremely well for them? Is he out of contract in the summer?  Not as if QPR are short of cash

Surprised everyone is so happy.  Not that I'm unhappy or have really seen him.  But the fact he's been about so much doesn't encourage me.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I mean, just look at that Anelka, eh?

Craig bellamy also, sometimes these players just need to find the right club

the right "club" - never more apt than for bellamy

He's been at 7 clubs before Newcastle and 3 of those were loans.  Out of the 4 permanent deals he's failed at 2 (which is where the 3 loans came in) and been a big success at the other two which lead to moves to bigger clubs.  Its really not as bad as you make it sound.

Very. Never got off the bench for Portsmouth either, which nobody has given us an adequate reason for.

Not sure but I went to OT with a few mates (they're united fans) when they were playing pompey so I agreed to tag along, Routledge was on the bench that night and pompey were s***, however he came on 2nd half as a sub quite early on and he was easily their best player by quite some distance..

Very. Never got off the bench for Portsmouth either, which nobody has given us an adequate reason for.

Ffs we've gone through this. Pompey couldn't afford to pl- ah hang on wrong thread.

;D