Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Guest Heneage

Superb in this league so far, and will be good backup/pushing for a first team place if we go up.

You know fine well that won't be the case.

Why not? At the start of January people were doubting we'd sign anyone, look how that turned out.

So shall we forget all of the other transfer windows before that?

Never happy.

Ah right so because we had a canny decent January window (for once) I should be positive and think that when we get promoted everything he has done in the past he will have learned from?

:fishing:

But seriously, you make it sound like every window we've had's been wank imo, only January last year was truly dog shit bad. If I cared more I'd go back and read your comments from the opening day at Old Trafford, because I imagine they will have been positive. Xisco is the only dodgy signing of the first window, and he wasn't even given a chance to show himself.

Superb in this league so far, and will be good backup/pushing for a first team place if we go up.

Why not? At the start of January people were doubting we'd sign anyone, look how that turned out.

No, but you shouldn't dismiss the latest one. It suggests that something has changed. I'm not saying we WILL sign someone better, I'm saying it's possible.

Disclaimer: I am in no way saying that Kevin Keegan isn't amazing in bed. Please try not to read it that way.

Guest Stephen927

Disclaimer: I am in no way saying that Kevin Keegan isn't amazing in bed. Please try not to read it that way.

Hahaha, well played son.

I love how signing one decent/good player, one serviceable Championship player, and one complete waste of space, as well as getting a couple of loans in is considered some sort of glorious transfer window these days. :lol:

I love how signing one decent/good player, one serviceable Championship player, and one complete waste of space, as well as getting a couple of loans in is considered some sort of glorious transfer window these days. :lol:

Who's the "waste of space"?

Never happy.

Ah right so because we had a canny decent January window (for once) I should be positive and think that when we get promoted everything he has done in the past he will have learned from?

But seriously, you make it sound like every window we've had's been wank imo, only January last year was truly dog shit bad. If I cared more I'd go back and read your comments from the opening day at Old Trafford, because I imagine they will have been positive. Xisco is the only dodgy signing of the first window, and he wasn't even given a chance to show himself.

A successful transfer window should be judged on how well we addressed the squad's obvious deficiencies - we got relegated, so not that well.

It's not a case of "how many 'dodgy' players did we sign?" ffs.

Leon Best.

Though he'd make a passable 4th choice striker next season I suppose.

As long as we don't get promoted, that is.

Leon Best.

Though he'd make a passable 4th choice striker next season I suppose.

As long as we don't get promoted, that is.

Time will tell. He's only 23. I agree with you that he wasn't a real good signing but he might still do well this season for us. Next season we will have to wait and see. We don't really know about any player if he will do well in the Premier League.

Guest Heneage

Never happy.

But seriously, you make it sound like every window we've had's been w*** imo, only January last year was truly dog s*** bad. If I cared more I'd go back and read your comments from the opening day at Old Trafford, because I imagine they will have been positive. Xisco is the only dodgy signing of the first window, and he wasn't even given a chance to show himself.

A successful transfer window should be judged on how well we addressed the squad's obvious deficiencies - we got relegated, so not that well.

I'd blame the lack of goals for us going down, did Ashley sign Martins Owen and Viduka? 'FFS'.

Guest malandro

Never happy.

But seriously, you make it sound like every window we've had's been w*** imo, only January last year was truly dog s*** bad. If I cared more I'd go back and read your comments from the opening day at Old Trafford, because I imagine they will have been positive. Xisco is the only dodgy signing of the first window, and he wasn't even given a chance to show himself.

I'd blame the lack of goals for us going down, did Ashley sign Martins Owen and Viduka? 'FFS'.

Did we sign anyone to address the problem in January?

Never happy.

Did we sign anyone to address the problem in January?

Nolan.

“When we took him last season we knew he had goals in him, we’ve used him in a couple of positions breaking from midfield, he can play off the front, but what he is, he’s an experienced player, an eye for goal and you can always count on someone like Kevin for that moment”

Guest Stephen927

i dont

Yeah, thats pretty weird.

Guest Heneage

Needed a winger, check.

Needed CB cover, check.

Needed a LB cover and 2 right backs in the squad, check.

Needed a winger, check.

Needed CB cover, check.

and who said it was glorious, just decent for the position we are in.

Pr*ck - don't really post on here but what the hell do you expect??? Last summer everyone was panicking that because of debts we would 'do a leeds' but instead we have bought top quality championship players because we are a championship team. The sooner people get their heads around this the better. We have spent 18millon on people who have had less of an impact in two years than this guy has had in two weeks.

Knobheads like you would only think the sun shone out these players arses if they cost ten times as much.

We are now for the first time ever a sustainable club with no long term debt issues, we are top of the league, we are probably spending more on wages than any championship club ever has but still people whinge? WTF??? What did you want to happen??? Be so awesome that we would get promoted by default????

Get behind the team - stop degrading them and we might get somewhere this year and next.

Believe it or not - get behind the owner!!! We could get someone so much worse. Liverpool, Man Utd, Portsmouth and Notts County are all proof of this. We are spending within our means and given we are one of the biggest clubs in the world our means are more than most. We will be back there and we can do it in a way to benefit the club long term 

Guest Heneage

Needed a winger, check.

Needed CB cover, check.

and who said it was glorious, just decent for the position we are in.

I never said it was glorious, but how many teams do you know that get every position covered that they wanted? We've done well, and these players should help us for the final push.

[quote author=Dave link=topic=67272.msg2208592#msg2208592 date=

266622125]

Calm down.

you have no idea how much every negative post winds me up!!!

Apologies

Get behind the owner ffs. No thanks.

Why? Who would you rather??? Glazers?? Munto finance??? Hicks??

Welcome to the real world - we aren't ever going to get bought out by a billionaire! It could be so much worse

Get behind the owner ffs. No thanks.

Why? Who would you rather??? Glazers?? Munto finance??? Hicks??

Welcome to the real world - we aren't ever going to get bought out by a billionaire! It could be so much worse

We did and the fat cunt took us down. Yeah it could be worse. If we were in League 2 it could still be worse and some people would still say Mike Ashley was doing a great job.

The point is that it was a f*cking sight better than many were predicting. No one of any significance left and without doubt the players who came in have made the squad stronger. The Ashley is out to wreck the club deliberately/is asset stripping/couldn't give a sh1t about the team brigade haven't got much of a shout right now. Of course the debate about why the club is where it is won't go away but it's done now. And btw what business did we miss out on? Robbie Keane? Gudjohnsen? Maxi Rodrigeuz? Adam Johnson? I'm sure they were all gagging to join us...