Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

So what do people think of his chances in the premiership?

He's got a point to prove in a way, should be highly motivated. He has pace and more end product than expected, I reckon he should do well.

As others have said though, the appalling quality of our RBs will not help him.

So what do people think of his chances in the premiership?

He was good in the premiership as a 19 year old in a crappy Palace team! He's likely going to be very good, and one of our best players. No doubt.

Looking good for the lad. Im excited about what he can do for Carroll as well. Totally right about needing a better quality RB to help him out, someone he won't need to think about having to cover for all the time so he can concentrate on his game and get some support.

Without knowing much I think Perch sounds better at this than either Simpson, Saylor or Ryalor. Don't know why he's been playing CB mind, kind of worries me.

Looking good for the lad. Im excited about what he can do for Carroll as well. Totally right about needing a better quality RB to help him out, someone he won't need to think about having to cover for all the time so he can concentrate on his game and get some support.

Without knowing much I think Perch sounds better at this than either Simpson, Saylor or Ryalor. Don't know why he's been playing CB mind, kind of worries me.

Can't play Williamson every pre-season game, Campbell isn't fit, we have nobody else aside from young Tavernier.

Second favourite player at the club after Jose, he's incredibly effective and will get at least 8 assists and a couple of goals next season if he stays injury free.

With our forwards?!  :kasper:

Guest firetotheworks

Why does anyone even think that S.Taylor will be playing at RB? Is it even worth mentioning? It was only that mad old cunt, Kinnear who tried it. iirc, Hughton has never played him there.

Why does anyone even think that S.Taylor will be playing at RB? Is it even worth mentioning? It was only that mad old cunt, Kinnear who tried it. iirc, Hughton has never played him there.

Hughton played him at RB in all his games in the 08/09 season. Starting with WBA away, ending at SJP against Arsenal.

Don't know if that was the case in Hughton's first spell as well, though.

Guest firetotheworks

Why does anyone even think that S.Taylor will be playing at RB? Is it even worth mentioning? It was only that mad old c***, Kinnear who tried it. iirc, Hughton has never played him there.

Hughton played him at RB in all his games in the 08/09 season. Starting with WBA away, ending at SJP against Arsenal.

Really? I must have just totally erased that from my memory.

Why does anyone even think that S.Taylor will be playing at RB? Is it even worth mentioning? It was only that mad old c***, Kinnear who tried it. iirc, Hughton has never played him there.

Really? I must have just totally erased that from my memory.

Check it if you want:

http://nufc.com/html/2008-09html/fixtures.html

Can't play Williamson every pre-season game, Campbell isn't fit, we have nobody else aside from young Tavernier.

Pourquoi?

I still think S Taylor is our best bet at RB, physical presence, decent pace and that. Shame he's injured and/or won't get tried out there.

Not on the ball

at right back he did, very attacking aswell when he played there.

Totally right about needing a better quality RB to help him out, someone he won't need to think about having to cover for all the time so he can concentrate on his game and get some support.

Without knowing much I think Perch sounds better at this than either Simpson, Saylor or Ryalor.

Daft.

It's up to Hughton to keep him interested and motivated enough to produce from August til May tbh.

On the positive side, he should be number 1 choice at RW (not sure if he was at Spurs or Fulham?) so he'll get plenty of games and should see plenty of the ball to perform. We'll just have to wait and see.

The difference is that at other PL teams he wasn't first choice - unless we sign a far-better out and out right winger (very unlikely) then he's pretty much guaranteed a start here.

Pourquoi?

Because he probably isn't fit enough to. Pre-season is all about conditioning after all.

Ryan Taylor is a decent option to have if Routledge misses a game or two. Would be a bit concerned if he got injured for a while though.

What's surprised me is Routledge's crossing and shooting. It's really very impressive. He's like the opposite of Jonas.