Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

He was dropped for a couple of games in September, came back against City and played brilliantly for the next 4 or so. Recently he's dipped, and not doing what we need him to.

Routledge and Simpson looked really encouraging against the best LB in the world today. Perch was holding Wayne back, as most of us suspected.

Cole didn't seem to venture forward much though (whether that's down to Routledge's presence, who knows?) whereas Jonas was forced back a bit more it seemed.

Like I say, I wouldn't drop Jonas.  You could use the same argument against Routledge saying he shouldn't replace Jonas after one decent game.

Cole didn't seem to venture forward much though (whether that's down to Routledge's presence, who knows?) whereas Jonas was forced back a bit more it seemed.

Like I say, I wouldn't drop Jonas.  You could use the same argument against Routledge saying he shouldn't replace Jonas after one decent game.

It's more than Jonas has dipped. And I still think Routledge is more creative.

It's more than Jonas has dipped. And I still think Routledge is more creative.

I would've said so last season but Jonas seems to have stepped up better to be fair, even though he is frustrating sometimes.

Routledge   Tiote   Nolan   Barton

for WBA.

I'd never play Barton on the left. He's our best crosser of a ball - I'd have him straight back in on the right.

Most of those good crosses come from set-pieces. Not from him being on the RW.

for WBA.

I'd never play Barton on the left. He's our best crosser of a ball - I'd have him straight back in on the right.

Some of his cross field passes make a massive difference as well.

Routledge's pace gives us something which we badly need, yet I'm sure if you asked Andy Carroll who he'd rather have out there, he'd pick Barton every time.

for WBA.

Routledge's pace gives us something which we badly need, yet I'm sure if you asked Andy Carroll who he'd rather have out there, he'd pick Barton every time.

Barton's still on the pitch. We need to add an extra dimension as we're far too one-sided and team's know it. Ideally I'd like to see Barton, Jonas and Routledge on the pitch, especially at home.

for WBA.

Barton's still on the pitch. We need to add an extra dimension as we're far too one-sided and team's know it. Ideally I'd like to see Barton, Jonas and Routledge on the pitch, especially at home.

Why not go for that against WBA with Tiote in there too then? Seems a better option than putting Nolan in and dropping Jonas.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He was dropped for a couple of games in September, came back against City and played brilliantly for the next 4 or so. Recently he's dipped, and not doing what we need him to.

Routledge and Simpson looked really encouraging against the best LB in the world today. Perch was holding Wayne back, as most of us suspected.

I remember Jonas really working hard when he was dropped for Hatem, and put in some excellent performances

Take Taarabt here and send Wayne back to QPR.

I'm not sure which is worse - someone who won't part with the bloody ball or someone who's scared of it.

Actually I'd take Taarabt. On the grounds that he might improve.

If Nolan is out next weekend, on reflection i'd like to see:

Barton      Tiote      Guthrie      Jonas

Routledge

Carroll