Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

I really hope he succeeds because i'm convinced he has the ability even at this level. You don't lose the ability to do some of the stuff he did last year. I think it's all in his head. Bet there's very few Premier league wingers who will give Jose Enrique the torrid time that he did last season.

I agree. He looks a bit nervous. Its like he's hesitant to try stuff. Not trying to take his man on as often as he should and a lot of times passes the ball off too quickly. Hopefully he'll get it out of his system with more games.

I wouldn't drop him, i'd just give him a fucking huge kick up the arse, and tell him to put a lot more fucking graft in on the training ground. We signed him in desperation as Ryan Taylor wasn't good enough to play the wing in the Championship. Resroting back to that is just a total non-starter. Routledge isn't playing well at the moment and he needs telling, not dropping.

I just don't think he has enough in his game to be good at premier league level. We don't have any other options really at the moment apart from Ryan Taylor though so hopefully he improves. I'd be tempted to start Ryan Taylor away from home anyway to give Perch a bit more help.

To be fair, he did work hard for what it was worth, helped Perch out a fair bit tracking back. What pisses me off with Routledge is that after failing to make it at Spurs and Villa, you'd think he'd be busting a gut to prove himself in the premier, but he just doesn't give that impression at all. Happy just to coast it and be anonymous for most games.

Routledge just doesn't seem to have the confidence he played with last season, think he has the ability but not sure he has the belief. Has never done well at Prem level, maybe it's just a step too far for him.

Not sure Ryan Taylor is much of an alternative though.

I think Hughton will make the right decision and stick with him. It's such a default 'opinion'... Player X isn't playing well atm so replace him with Player Y even though it's blatantly obvious that he's even shitter. Routledge is blatantly the best right-winger in the squad and i'd rather he just recieved a bit of hair-dryer treatment.

Routledge just doesn't seem to have the confidence he played with last season, think he has the ability but not sure he has the belief. Has never done well at Prem level, maybe it's just a step too far for him.

Not sure Ryan Taylor is much of an alternative though.

Taylor is shit.

I'd rather have Routledge than Taylor. Routledge can be a threat to teams with his pace

That's kinda like saying Nolan CAN be a threat to teams by scoring goals. It doesn't really mean a hell of a lot if they're rarely doing it.

I'd rather have Routledge than Taylor. Routledge can be a threat to teams with his pace

That's kinda like saying Nolan CAN be a threat to teams by scoring goals. It doesn't really mean a hell of a lot if they're rarely doing it.

It's not that we think Routledge is good enough, we all realise he's not up to standard right now. But we'd rather have him on than Ryan Taylor. At least he's got something to throw at the opposition in his pace, rather than Taylor, except his set pieces, which I don't think are that good that they replace Routledge.

IMHO Wayne Routledge is nowhere near to be a Premiership player. Everytime anyone gets near him he looses the ball, and he doesnt go into challanges at all. He is decent when noone is near him. To bad Ben Arfa is injured long time now, I was really looking forward to see him or Jonas on the right side.. 

Our weekest positions is Right side and we lack a good striker.

Guest BooBoo

He's hiding at the moment.

Won't take his man on, won't come forward. Constantly takes the easy way option of playing inside or back to the full back. Seems unwilling to run forward with the ball.