Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Guest firetotheworks

I like Williamson a lot, he's so unsung that at some point he'll probably be over-rated. I never worry about him at all, he's the perfect foil for Colo, and although Campbell has looked good, and should maybe start, the long term view should be to keep Williamson in there, once we know we won't have anything to lose when he plays. If that makes sense.

Campbell will get his chance now so the competition should be on (like Harper and Krul). Colo has been outstanding this season so it's up to the rest to fight it out for me.

Williamson and Sol will get a few games together dpending on Colo's injury, whichever looks the best out of the 2 in my opinion should keep there place, Coloccini has to come straight back into the side though.

Word :thup:

I think Williamson's better than Taylor. Campbell had a good debut but whether or not he's better option than Tayls remains to be seen... it's irrelevant though - we've not had such strength in depth in years. It's great.

What am I missing with Williamson? Are there people criticising him somewhere (I haven't seen any)?

I think he has been generally outstanding this season. I have been amazed by how comfortable he has looked.

Of course he's not at all quick and he doesn't appear to be a leader of any description, but he definitely hasn't done anything worthy of losing his place. Desperately unlucky for the Tevez "penalty" as well, obviously.

Aye, but what about Routledge?

Needs to do a lot more. Good footballer, good physical attributes, needs to be "braver" and start going for it a bit more (in terms of attacking fullbacks/hitting the byline).

He does a lot of decent defensive work for a winger though, and I still have hope for him. With Ben Arfa gone, we're going to need him to do something along the lines of what Jonas did last week and up his output significantly. He should be looking to score about 5-8 goals for us (but probably won't), given that we don't play two strikers and don't have too many goals outside of Nolan/Carroll in the team.

What am I missing with Williamson? Are there people criticising him somewhere (I haven't seen any)?

I think he has been generally outstanding this season. I have been amazed by how comfortable he has looked.

Of course he's not at all quick and he doesn't appear to be a leader of any description, but he definitely hasn't done anything worthy of losing his place. Desperately unlucky for the Tevez "penalty" as well, obviously.

Colocho saying he's not good enough for the Premier League and Ronaldo saying Steven Taylor's better sparked this line of conversation off. Considering his opinion of Taylor that's quite some put-down.

I'm with you btw.

One of my mates absolutely detests Williamson, constantly pointing out how "slow" he is. You don't need bloody lightning pace as a defender, there's a reason defenders age well like wine, and strikers and midfielders generally don't. Williamson isn't Jonny Woodgate, but he's done very well for us thus far, and if he gets beaten for pace there's really not much else we can do, we don't have any faster defenders on our books. I'd have him over Taylor anytime for what I've seen, anyway.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

One of my mates absolutely detests Williamson, constantly pointing out how "slow" he is. You don't need bloody lightning pace as a defender, there's a reason defenders age well like wine, and strikers and midfielders generally don't. Williamson isn't Jonny Woodgate, but he's done very well for us thus far, and if he gets beaten for pace there's really not much else we can do, we don't have any faster defenders on our books. I'd have him over Taylor anytime for what I've seen, anyway.

Campbell is mega fast ;)