Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Guest Heneage

Not surprising that the very first thing Colin says on the QPR site about Routledge is 'I think Wayne just needs an arm around him.'.

Colin Wanker at his best.

I hope he will part with money at the end of the season so he can keep putting his arm round him.

And a Championship left-back to run at.

He hasn't been bad at Premiership left-backs, it's once he gets past them that he's struggled.

Precisely. The pitches and other variables aren't any different in the Premier League, so there's no other reason as to why his final ball is so much poorer than him being particularly low on confidence. But I guess it's easier to just say he's shit. :rolleyes:

I really must have been watching someone else this season. The Routledge I've seen has looked shit scared to try and take on the full-back, and the rare occasions he's managed to his crossing has been woeful. Chelsea at home is the best example. I remember him taking on Ashley Cole once early on, and after that he looked scared to do it again.

I'm assuming whoever sanctioned this loan (with possible transfer clause activated if QPR get promoted) is pretty damn sure NUFC aren't going to get relegated. If we got relegated again I could imagine Routledge would have come in very handy next season considering most of our better players wouldn't hang around for another promotion campaign.

Who knows if one of our kids can make the step up to cover for Routledge. It has to be said though, we wouldn't have 'discovered' Carroll if NUFC hadn't been in the shit money-wise. The fans would have demanded we bought a £10m striker rather than play a local, unproven kid.

I'm assuming whoever sanctioned this loan (with possible transfer clause activated if QPR get promoted) is pretty damn sure NUFC aren't going to get relegated. If we got relegated again I could imagine Routledge would have come in very handy next season considering most of our better players wouldn't hang around for another promotion campaign.

Who knows if one of our kids can make the step up to cover for Routledge. It has to be said though, we wouldn't have 'discovered' Carroll if NUFC hadn't been in the shit money-wise. The fans would have demanded we bought a £10m striker rather than play a local, unproven kid.

???

It has to be said though, we wouldn't have 'discovered' Carroll if NUFC hadn't been in the shit money-wise. The fans would have demanded we bought a £10m striker rather than play a local, unproven kid.

???

If we hadn't been relegated I doubt Carroll would have got his chance. If we'd stayed up, Owen would have left at the end of his contract (good riddance) and Viduka wouldn't have got a new contract (good riddance too). That would have left us with Martins, Ameobi and Carroll. Most fans would have wanted us to go out and buy an established replacement for Owen/Viduka (however unlikely that would have been under Ashley).

I really must have been watching someone else this season. The Routledge I've seen has looked s*** scared to try and take on the full-back, and the rare occasions he's managed to his crossing has been woeful. Chelsea at home is the best example. I remember him taking on Ashley Cole once early on, and after that he looked scared to do it again.

I don't remember the best left-back in the Country doing too much that game.

Guest Heneage

I agree with Nut to be honest.

He's clearly quite a fast player, and last season I saw him destroy full backs with his pace and trickery. This year bar cutting inside occasionally he has rarely looked to get past his man. His crossing has been poor and overall he's just looked shot mentally.

It's hard to ignore what Luke Edwards said about him having a high opinion of himself and I think even if he was given the cuddle Warnock suggests he wouldn't improve. We took a gamble on him knowing his history in the Premier League, thankfully we'll make our money back.

I agree with Nut to be honest.

He's clearly quite a fast player, and last season I saw him destroy full backs with his pace and trickery. This year bar cutting inside occasionally he has rarely looked to get past his man. His crossing has been poor and overall he's just looked shot mentally.

It's hard to ignore what Luke Edwards said about him having a high opinion of himself and I think even if he was given the cuddle Warnock suggests he wouldn't improve. We took a gamble on him knowing his history in the Premier League, thankfully we'll make our money back.

What a fucking strange thing to say.

He's a good footballer and far better than some who remain part of our squad. Unfortunately, wingers are judged on stats, and his are poor at this level.

Was terrific in The Championship and it shouldn't be forgotten.

Good luck to him. He is a top Championship player and helped us get promoted and that should not be forgotten. I hope he continues to occupy an important role at top Championship level clubs/lower level PL clubs and earns a decent wage for it as he deserves it.

Excellent signing for what he did last season. Very disappointing he hasn't done it this year, I'd have kept him to the end of the season at least but you couldn't really argue he'd be in on merit at the moment. Can't help but feel someone as fast as him's always a good option off the bench though.

not the chelsea game argument again please. the fact that people have to keep resorting to ONE game where he stopped a full back from attacking (and even thats debatable) tells you all you need to know about routledge this season.

have you had a look to see if anyone is ?

not the chelsea game argument again please. the fact that people have to keep resorting to ONE game where he stopped a full back from attacking (and even thats debatable) tells you all you need to know about routledge this season.

have you had a look to see if anyone is ?

aye

Routledge played well against Chelsea, if he can do it against them then he should be able to play well against most teams.  If it was Stevenage then I'd be willing to write it off, it wasn't, he played well against one of the best teams in the league.