Newcastle United 2 - 0 Crystal Palace - 27/01/10 - Post match reaction from p19

Dave

You literally never hear Smith or Nolans name when we're on the ball going fowards & we cant get near oppositions when they have the ball. Smith might get mentioned making a good tackle once every 20 mins at most.

Its Jonas or Guthrie constantly. Even pancrates name has been said more.

I was actually thinking about going to this and would have had pay-day been today. As it is, don't think I've missed much. Centre of midfield is turning out to be a real concern for us. Why is Hughton not addressing this or is he happy to keep Nolan in there, when he's not performing?

I was actually thinking about going to this and would have had pay-day been today. As it is, don't think I've missed much. Centre of midfield is turning out to be a real concern for us. Why is Hughton not addressing this or is he happy to keep Nolan in there, when he's not performing?

Probably hoping for a swift Barton return.

Fingers crossed we bring in someone like Fox from Celtic to cover for Enrique.

Guthrie disappears just as much as anyone tbh. He just puts quality balls in a few times a gain. Wont do anything to stop us getting over run in midfield.

Neither him or Jonas win the ball much atall. Jonas gets mentioned more purely because hes our main outlet and spends more time on the ball, both seem weak in the tackle. Still they're able to pressure more as they can run, the two in the middle recently have gone downhill massively.

Just noticed there's only 3 subs on Crystal Palace's bench... didn't know they were so f***ed.

How bad did the José Enrique injury look? And how's Williamson looking?

Knowing us, he'll probably be out for... ever.

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

Ive just got in......can anyone tell me why Pancrate is on for José? and whos playing where now

Enrique's f***ed his hamstring up terminally. Career ending injury tbh.

Confirmed,  booked into the freeman 9am tomorrow..... Amputation :(