Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

I'm not going to get into this "we are smaller the fucking Wigan" debate but this situation kind of reminds me of the Rob Lee purchase, there he turned down premiership Boro to come to 1st Division Newcastle, hopefully Moses has the same foresight and who knows could go on to have a career as good as Rob's. I doubt he will though, oh well good luck to him then, enjoy getting your arse handed to you in front of 5,000 regulars every week.

We'll probably go up without him but he would have been the future of NUFC had we got him, shame but we do need to look at these players when we go up,  Ashley aint going nowhere and the only way well be succesful in the long run is buying youngsters, letting them develop and one day well havea good squad, Ashley is not going to sanction 30m we would need to be a top8 side.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Really unimpressed when meeting Hughton apparently.

Hughton wasnt sure whether he could guarantee him a starting place over Butt/Nolan

Hughton told him we had a great bunch of lads and he too could come under this umberella

This one sticks in the craw a bit because Wigan's interest only seemed to materialise once Moses had been linked with us. I hope it's not a continuation of Whelan's niggly battle with Ashley.

You need to understand where you stand in the football pecking order, its several places below Wigan!

The view of a fan from another small town club is hardly likely to be relevant.

why ?

i'll guess he sees west brom as being below wigan in the pecking order.

The difference is West Brom would be behind Wigan in the pecking order even if both clubs were in the same league.

i wouldn't think so.

Based on what?  West Brom have came up and down straight back down again last time out.  Wigan have managed to stay in the Premiership for a few seasons and did actually do reasonably well under Bruce.

based on that well argued thing of whom you view to be the bigger club. fan base,history etc in which case everyone has their own criteria.

Come one, bigger club only goes so far.  No doubt West Brom are a bit of a bigger club then Wigan, but for the last few years Wigan have done far better then them.

Guest firetotheworks

What an ambitionless little anus, hope he does terrible and Wigan go down  :undecided:

You've got to be kidding. If anything you'd be lacking ambition to come to us at the moment. A shit team with a shit manager and a shit and hated owner with a history of royally fucking up talent and picking players on reputation and not talent, and one that isn't willing to pay £2m for you? Or an improving PL team with an up and coming attack minded manager. If I had no ties with Newcastle, I know where I'd be going.

Guest pont-toon

ffs cant believe he didnt sign for us..........

how could he possibly turn down a team that is top of the league, playing great football, ambitious/visionary owner that wants to take the club to the top, best young english manager in the game, top drawer quality signings already on board in this window and more to follow etc etc.....

never in the running imo - at least he's not off to forest or west brom where his talent would have given them an even greater chance of catching us up.

good luck to him.

This one sticks in the craw a bit because Wigan's interest only seemed to materialise once Moses had been linked with us. I hope it's not a continuation of Whelan's niggly battle with Ashley.

You need to understand where you stand in the football pecking order, its several places below Wigan!

The view of a fan from another small town club is hardly likely to be relevant.

why ?

i'll guess he sees west brom as being below wigan in the pecking order.

The difference is West Brom would be behind Wigan in the pecking order even if both clubs were in the same league.

i wouldn't think so.

Based on what?  West Brom have came up and down straight back down again last time out.  Wigan have managed to stay in the Premiership for a few seasons and did actually do reasonably well under Bruce.

based on that well argued thing of whom you view to be the bigger club. fan base,history etc in which case everyone has their own criteria.

Come one, bigger club only goes so far.  No doubt West Brom are a bit of a bigger club then Wigan, but for the last few years Wigan have done far better then them.

and better than us for the last couple aswell.

What an ambitionless little anus, hope he does terrible and Wigan go down  :undecided:

You've got to be kidding. If anything you'd be lacking ambition to come to us at the moment. A s*** team with a s*** manager and a s*** and hated owner with a history of royally f***ing up talent and picking players on reputation and not talent, and one that isn't willing to pay £2m for you? Or an improving PL team with an up and coming attack minded manager. If I had no ties with Newcastle, I know where I'd be going.

Well lets see where both sides are in 2 years time then

Can't believe people are having a go at Moses like.  I mean I still believe we'd have had a good chance if we'd matched their offer.  But to have a go at the lad for signing for a Premiership side that had an offer accepted for him is silly IMO.

It's no surprise really though.

A shit owner and a shit manager is rarely the best combination for making good signings.

Really hope there's some sort of back-up plan, I doubt it though.