Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

It's basically like in FM where you buy a player you don't need because he's on the cheap.

Or worse - Whelan buying Moses just to spite/trump Ashley as part of their JJB/Sports Direct feud.

That's always been my suspicion. A young, unproven player who still needs experience is hardly the signing that a team fighting relegation would go for.

I wasn't being critical, I would have been one of those people. He looks a promising player but I don't think he would have dislodged shola, Carroll or loven and next season we couldn't afford to blood him in.

So basically the same as ranger. That's not being critical of anyone, it's just how I think it would have played out, I would have still liked to have gotten him though (if it didn't stop us getting more proven players we need for next season).

I wasn't being critical, I would have been one of those people. He looks a promising player but I don't think he would have dislodged shola, Carroll or loven and next season we couldn't afford to blood him in.

So basically the same as ranger. That's not being critical of anyone, it's just how I think it would have played out, I would have still liked to have gotten him though (if it didn't stop us getting more proven players we need for next season).

agreed.......the way some went on about him at the time though was like we were missing out on messi II

I doubt he would have got many more games if he came here and people would have been questioning whether he was any better than ranger/suggesting he spends next season on loan elsewhere.

You're starting to get ever so critical of our fans up there on your high horse Mr Jon sir ;) :laugh:

To be honest you are the second person that has said that to me recently and unfortunately both posters are those whose opinion I respect so I will hold my hands up and although my posts aren't intended to come across like that they obviously are.

I just don't like there always having to be a negative with every positive and we always seem to right off/dislike out players very quickly.

Even this season when we have had not too much to complain about we have found something, there has been some pretty harsh criticism (imo) at certain parts of the season towards (off the top of my head) Hughton, Simpson, Guthrie, Steven Taylor, Carroll, Rangers, Nolan, Jonas and very randomly Routledge who I don't think could have done much more here.  I am a hypocrite too because I have dished out a fair bit myself.

Even Best has been completely written off already and again I am a hypocrite for saying that because deep down he isn't in my ideal squad for next season. I know he hasn't shone or even looked anything better than poor/average so far I just feel we (including me) need to give our players a bit more breathing space and calm down on the criticism at times because we can all go a lot over the top.

Anyway as I said, I apologise if I have come across a little "high horse" (which I obviously have) as it was never my intention. I just get frustrated at times with negativity and am obviously condescending when I vent those frustrations.

Moses reminds me a bit of Martins - much rushing about but little end product.

With his one good cross he did lay on a goal for Wigan yesterday though, and that got them back into the match in a real way.

He has pace but it needs to be combined with thought.

• 8 months later...

Thoughts about this a year later?

Remember feeling disappointed that Wigan pipped us to him, although not to the extent that some people took it. Did we baulk at paying the higher fee?

1 post about our spending relative to other championship clubs.

1 post taunting someone about calling the league "EPL."

1 post saying "Fuck Wigan", which is apt at any point in time, Vicky Moses or not. 

Hindsight-o-meter says I check out ok.   :shifty:

1 post about our spending relative to other championship clubs.

1 post taunting someone about calling the league "EPL."

1 post saying "Fuck Wigan", which is apt at any point in time, Vicky Moses or not. 

Hindsight-o-meter says I check out ok.  :shifty:

:lol:

Guest Stephen927

Cheers lads, here's what I said. There's also another post where I called ChrisKenobi 'Trevor'.

£2.5m, absolute bargain. Very disappointed, looks like we have missed out for certain now.

He's had his injury problems there, hasn't he?