Coming Soon: A New Brochure From Michael Owen

Thespence

Tbf to Owen, he didn't miss too many sitters until the end of 2008/8009 (the time when we really would have needed goals).

Yes he fucking did. In his last 12 games he had a fair few good chances - and took none of them. Little cunt.

Guest johnson293

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6472521,00.html

Owen - I could call it a day

Striker admits United exit could mark end of his career

Michael Owen admits he could hang up his boots if Manchester United release him at the end of the season.

The former England international is in the final term of a two-year deal at Old Trafford and has not yet entered talks with manager Sir Alex Ferguson over a possible contract extension.

Owen has been struggling with injuries of late, with a fresh hamstring tweak keeping him on the sidelines for a further month after a groin problem hindered the start of his campaign.

The 30-year-old has made just one Premier League start for the Red Devils this season, at Sunderland at the beginning of the month, but the striker admits he has no interest in playing for a 'poorer' top flight club.

Long term

"I would honestly love to stay but you will have to ask the manager about the long term," Owen said in The Sun.

"I could score at this level for many years and would love it to be at a top club like United.

"Whether I would want to be dropping down to a poorer Premier League team, I don't know.

"Yes, I could score goals but I would probably get less opportunities and less enjoyment.

"I just don't feel my game is suited to a team that is really struggling. I won't drop down leagues."

Owen admits he would not go back to a struggling side having spent time at a crisis-stricken Newcastle before arriving at Old Trafford.

He added: "I have played in big teams before and played every game and I have played in a struggling team. I know which I prefer.

"When you play here, you play with quality."

Management

Owen says if he does quit after this season, he would love to do it on the back of UEFA Champions League or Premier League success.

Owen added: "It would not only round off my career, but put it to bed."

The veteran insists a job in football management would not be out of the question when he does eventually call time on his playing days.

"I'm on my second stage of coaching badges and management is a real possibility," he said.

"Horse racing will always be a big part of my life but, if there's a job going forward, it will be in football."

Looks like he realises no-one else will be daft enough to offer him a deal once he leaves Man U.

Poor Ickle Mikey!!  :weep:  ;D

He'd be the most boring football manager in history.

He won't be a manager, surely? Doesn't come across as someone who cares about football enough to dedicate another 20 years to it.

Presumably he won't be encouraging his players to think how great they'd be if only their team-mates were a bit better.

So lets say we stay up. MOwen becomes available on a free. CHughton releases another vague statement when asked about MOwen, something like "We will look at all the available options, Michael is the kind of player we'd like at the club".

What DO you DO?!

So he's happier sitting on the bench as Man U just because there a big club than actualy earning his wage and attempting to rebuild a dwindeling career elsewhere because any other club is 'beneath him'. What an absolute tit.

Aye, just read it. What an utter knob.

So he's happier sitting on the bench as Man U just because there a big club than actualy earning his wage and attempting to rebuild a dwindeling career elsewhere because any other club is 'beneath him'. What an absolute tit.

we were 'beneath him' or so it felt for the 4 years he was here. the walloper was happy to take the wage though, and now he's spouting this shite

we were 'beneath him' or so it felt for the 4 years he was here. the walloper was happy to take the wage though, and now he's spouting this s****

What a hideous little shit he is.  He was seriously well paid and he had the option NOT to join us.

Guest Stephen927

"I just don't feel my game is suited to a team that is really struggling. I won't drop down leagues."

And it clearly isn't suited to a team that wins most games and for most of the game dominates the opposition. He's struggled at Man United when he does get a look in, bar the odd game where he does grab a goal or 3 like he did at Wolfsburg.

Maybe if Keegan had stayed he would have continued to flourish under that 4-3-3 system Kev had. I think Owen needs to call it a day now, he's had a chance at the top again and by and large, hasn't took it.