Coming Soon: A New Brochure From Michael Owen

Thespence

He's finished now, there can be no question.  Well for major club/international purposes - maybe he can swan off to the US for some big bucks.  Was going to argue about him still being effective for us, but I honestly cannot remember a game *shakes head*

Kind of gutted that he's past it :(

Whilst i'm still gob smacked Ferguson took a punt on him, I'm relieved it hasnt taken him long to realise he's pretty much washed up and dumped him on the scrapheap.

I dont live far from Old Trafford and round about on match days there's loads of gyppo looking folk selling Man Utd tat from stalls. Some knobheed stall owner has actually thought making a big flag with Owen's face on with the legend "Simply the Best!" underneath would be a big seller.

It isn't.

I dont live far from Old Trafford and round about on match days there's loads of gyppo looking folk selling Man Utd tat from stalls. Some knobheed stall owner has actually thought making a big flag with Owen's face on with the legend "Simply the Best!" underneath would be a big seller.

It isn't.

'Has anybody seen this man?' would be a better caption.

• 8 months later...

On the bbc website it's even better;

Loved that part the most:

"It's all part and parcel of football. Everyone gets injured. Hopefully, I can come back and be as strong as ever."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9131176.stm

Edit: Wasn't there just a post above mine about his injury?  :lol:

This is the bit I like -

"I've played in some of the biggest clubs in the world over my career and I've had not such a good time at certain clubs where I've been in the relegation zone struggling away," he stated.

"Training with top players every day, being among the elite players is what I enjoy doing more.

"And if that means not playing as much but playing in a good team with good players creating chances, then I'd prefer to do that than slog away every week and hardly get a touch of the ball."

Yeah, right, Mikey. Everything's turned out great.

He doesn't seem to realise how bad that sounds. It's a team game, and it's your contribution to your team that counts. If you're not getting picked, you're not contributing.

This bit at the end of the article made me  :spit:

"Ferguson is likely to name Rooney as his lone attacker against Arsenal, with the in-form England striker supported by Antonio Valencia and Ryan Giggs. Vidic replaces the suspended Rio Ferdinand"    He has been s*** since the World cup  :facepalm:

He regularly missed sitters for us as well, the little c***.

I'm glad someone else noticed this! Whenever I brought up the seemingly every game match winning sitters he managed to bollock up I was fed the same old rhetoric of 'best finisher we have'. Was he bollocks, Obafemi was a better finisher than him and that was saying something.

Tbf to Owen, he didn't miss too many sitters until the end of 2008/8009 (the time when we really would have needed goals).

In 2007/2008 under KK he put almost everything away (on from the Birmingham match) and I think we could have been relegated without him that season.

Guest neesy111

He regularly missed sitters for us as well, the little c***.

I'm glad someone else noticed this! Whenever I brought up the seemingly every game match winning sitters he managed to bollock up I was fed the same old rhetoric of 'best finisher we have'. Was he bollocks, Obafemi was a better finisher than him and that was saying something.

Agreed, I had the biggest arguement ever at the football over this.  Someone said he would keep us up, blind fucker.