Transfer Deadline Day Jan '10

JH
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barton will be back soon, a CM isn't the main priority.

Barton was dogshit and hardly contributed before he even got injured anyway, I dont even see him as the answer to our problems. Just a fitter, non-goal scoring less defensive version of Nolan and Smith combined, he can be creative and could quite easily be this leagues best midfielder by a mile if he wanted to tho.

So he's not good but he is good, I see what you mean.

:nope:, His form suggested nothing promising before he was injured anyway, not the player we thought hed be in this division before it started, but will add something new when he returns if played in the centre in comparision to our usual Smith/Nolan partnership. I can imagine a few months from now we'll be saying the exact same stuff about Guthrie right now when we talk about Barton.

Scott Mcdonald linked with Boro? I'd take him in an eyeblink.

Agreed. Would score for fun at this level and could even step up if he got any kind of service.

Hopefully it's just a lazy link from the media.

Barton was dogshit and hardly contributed before he even got injured anyway, I dont even see him as the answer to our problems. Just a fitter, non-goal scoring less defensive version of Nolan and Smith combined, he can be creative and could quite easily be this leagues best midfielder by a mile if he wanted to tho.

:nope:, His form suggested nothing promising before he was injured anyway, not the player we thought hed be in this division before it started, but will add something new when he returns if played in the centre in comparision to our usual Smith/Nolan partnership.

he was played out right before he got injured. its the exact same situation with Guthrie. They arent right midfielders.

:nope:, His form suggested nothing promising before he was injured anyway, not the player we thought hed be in this division before it started, but will add something new when he returns if played in the centre in comparision to our usual Smith/Nolan partnership.

So he was rubbish before he got injured but will add a new dimension to our midfield on his return

Thanks for clearing that up

So he was rubbish before he got injured but will add a new dimension to our midfield on his return

Thanks for clearing that up

Yes, but not a major improvement I made that clear a couple of posts ago, any creative midfielder in this division would help us play better if im not wrong the majority of our chances this season have come from the flanks, central midfield hasnt offered much unless Nolan was played as Second Striker with his advanced role. Guthrie has racked up our most assists from right midfield to prove that as well.

Guest palnese

I'm hearing rumours about Darren Gibson coming on loan untill rest of the season.

Would be a cracking signing.

Hughton will play him on the right and drop Guthrie.

I'd put money on Barton not playing in the centre when he returns.

What odds you offering?

You think Chris has the metal to drop Smith or Nolan?

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of then 'rested' as he eases Barton back to match fitness

I'm hearing rumours about Darren Gibson coming on loan untill rest of the season.

Would be a cracking signing.

Hughton will play him on the right and drop Guthrie.

surely that would mean dropping routledge.

Guest icemanblue

Hold on to your hats, boys. Just been informed, by two separate sources, that we can expect two more signings today.

Centre mid and striker, both permanent.