Transfer Deadline Day Jan '10

JH
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone missing Setanta Sports news this window?

:lol:

Definitely, as this was the only I could have watched. Don't get Sky Sports News so I used to watch Setanta Sports News. Now I  have to watch Sky News only.  :lol:

Is that because you have Sky TV but without the sports package?

My mate has that and you don't get SSN but you do with Freeview/Virgin etc.

I don't get it, its a free channel everywhere else but if you have Sky you have to pay for it?

Money grabbing...............

Would love to get Sky Sports or anything like that. But not possible as I live in Germany.

Our German pay-tv - also called Sky - aren't showing any CCC but I maybe will buy that next season if we will be Premier League again.

Guest Stephen927
"I've just been to interview a sports consultant at Deloitte. They estimate only £21m has been spent in the January transfer window so far, compared to £170m last year and £150m in January 2008. There haven't been any £10m signings this year and only one for £5m, which Spurs paid Portsmouth for Younes Kaboul. There were seven £10m signings last January - three were made by Manchester City (Nigel de Jong, Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bridge), three by Spurs (Wilson Palacios, Jermain Defoe and Robbie Keane) and one by Arsenal (Andrey Arshavin)."

Guest WashyGeordie

Davey Craig saying No bids received for anyone and no more business . Great transfer window imo .

Definately.

Signing 6 players who of all are reletivaly young, selling Geremi, and adding more squad depth/cover.  :frantic:

Well I said before ot opened that it was more important not to sell anyone apart from Geremu so I guess I should be happy.

Never thought we would sell anyone despite what many doom merchants were predicting. We've done ok, although whether we've made any real impact signings is yet to be seen. Certainly better than I was expecting, although I did think we migh have got Beckford at some stage.

Pissed off about the Moses thing, but other than that I'm pretty happy. Didn't expect us to sign anyone other than possibly one or two loans and freebies.

Problem is the midfield is still wank and so is the manager.

Pissed off about the Moses thing, but other than that I'm pretty happy. Didn't expect us to sign anyone other than possibly one or two loans and freebies.

however the current midfield has been enough to go top of the league, hopefully its enpugh with the new signing to win the league. i think we will do quite comfortably.

Pleasantly surprised. Got the strength in depth we need to push for promotion and nee excuses for not achieving it, imo. Would've liked to have seen a midfielder, but if Barton can pull his finger out then we have enough there, and Routledge will help with his movement.

I think Routledge is a fantastic signing and could potentially change the way we play quite a bit. It's a gutter that Jose's gotten injured; it negates Routledge's move a bit. Praying that he's not out for long.

This. :thup: