Twitter

Thespence

• 2 weeks later...

Why would anyone follow people who write about when they eat, shit and go to bed? I use Twitter to get news. People link to what they find interesting elsewhere on the web. Caulkin is pretty good for football related stuff, but just now he was stupid enough to click a phishing link.

Why would anyone follow people who write about when they eat, shit and go to bed? I use Twitter to get news. People link to what they find interesting elsewhere on the web. Caulkin is pretty good for football related stuff, but just now he was stupid enough to click a phishing link.

care to share any of the "golden nuggets" of news you got from Twitter?

To be fair it's a great source of information. I follow journos, blogs, other random websites and people who just generally have something interesting to say. It's not just full of arseholes who want to know what Aston Kutcher is up to 24/7.

Yeah I can understand that, I guess I was aiming my comments at those who stalk people because they are famous as opposed to following those who are fairly intelligent and have something worth sharing with the world.

Perhaps I'm making sweeping assumptions though.  It's just that I've not yet crossed anyone who's told me something interesting that they have read on twitter, just drivel so far.

As Twitter is pretty fucking huge and aggregates all sorts of stuff from all sorts of people, I would imagine almost anything notable that shows up on the web is mentioned there, along with everything else. Today, I spent quite a lot of time reading this article about Afghan drug trafficing in Harper's Magazine, tweeted by Harper's themselves. Not really football related, though.

As Twitter is pretty fucking huge and aggregates all sorts of stuff from all sorts of people, I would imagine almost anything notable that shows up on the web is mentioned there, along with everything else. Today, I spent quite a lot of time reading this article about Afghan drug trafficing in Harper's Magazine, tweeted by Harper's themselves. Not really football related, though.

Fair enough.  I kinda thought this thread was for following football people on twitter, but yeah I can understand there being all sorts of other interesting news on there about other aspects of life and the world.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tyzer

Is it definitely him? I found it a bit strange him saying "premiership here we come" earlier tonight. thats the sort of thing a fan would say with 12 games still to go and not an actual footballer in the team.

From Swanny:

colly has joined the twitter revolution, he is tweeting as pcollingwood5

can you all follow colly and keep him posted on the newcastle score today pls. he only pretends to follow sunland....to stop his car getting done in by the mackem fans who live round him

colly, your debut on twitter has produced a goal fest at st james'. i bow down to your powers as future world ginger..i mean leader

bendtner has just been subbed for arsenal. his performance?...worse than my effort at a thai green curry that killed my beagle...

Colly: