Twitter

Thespence

Pardew's done nowt wrong imo.

He outs player in the public. A good manager takes stuff like that inside the dressing room.

What do you mean outs him?  The journalist brought it up, there's not much else Pardew could have said IMO.

He outs player in the public. A good manager takes stuff like that inside the dressing room.

What do you mean outs him?  The journalist brought it up, there's not much else Pardew could have said IMO.

He could say nothing!

Journo: Do you think Enrique will be back for the Wigan game?

Pardew: I'll have to check his twitter.

I didn't actually see it, but can see there being a sense of bitterness in that answer.

Did anyone actually see the incident? Or have a link? For me it's deffo a bad mistake from Pardew. A typical thing that can be blown out of porportions. Not saying Enrique did nothing wrong, but so unnecessary.

What incident?

Did anyone actually see the incident? Or have a link? For me it's deffo a bad mistake from Pardew. A typical thing that can be blown out of porportions. Not saying Enrique did nothing wrong, but so unnecessary.

What incident?

Interview.

Interview.

I think it was an interview with the printed press, one of them tweeted this:

» MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

@peter999919 That's what he said. Not banning it, just 'gently reminding' his players. Was laughing about it post match.

Interview.

I think it was an interview with the printed press, one of them tweeted this:

» MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

@peter999919 That's what he said. Not banning it, just 'gently reminding' his players. Was laughing about it post match.

Hm, thanks. Sounds ok I guess.

"I think that's something I'm going to surface with the players," Pardew told the Gazette.

"I heard he tweeted that himself, and that's something we can't accept.

"We'll make sure that doesn't happen again as best we can.

"The information network, as it is in society today, means there's instant news, but (it shouldn't be) from our own players.

"That's something I'll be speaking to Jose about."

Article says he won't ban it though.

Just re-reporting the AP version of the story. I just find it strange that American sites are interested in this, and some really obscure outlets too.

I'm guessing because to them it's a story about Twitter and it interfering in professional sport as opposed to a story about NUFC and Enrique.

Good that he won't ban it tbh. Beyond our own amusement of course, it seems like a good source of banter for the players and we've seen how important our team spirit is. Every little helps.

Well out of order tweeting about first team affairs though.

"I think that's something I'm going to surface with the players," Pardew told the Gazette.

"I heard he tweeted that himself, and that's something we can't accept.

"We'll make sure that doesn't happen again as best we can.

"The information network, as it is in society today, means there's instant news, but (it shouldn't be) from our own players.

"That's something I'll be speaking to Jose about."

Article says he won't ban it though.

can't argue with that

rioferdy5 Rio Ferdinand

Anton bought my lil men Sunderland kits for xmas-I get home 2day+they are wearing them...I thought we agreed they wouldn't be worn?!*Fuming*

Look at them, feel them, hang them up...but playing football+running around in them in the garden shouting "rooney...ferdinand..." is nuts!!