This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

I really wish we could ship Xisco out. Regardless of how good you think he might be, he's a complete waste of a wage. I'd hope that the sale of him, coupled with Ranger going out on loan, could prompt the arrival of a striker.

If Ameobi and Carroll are back for it, do we go for the England international paired with the striker with 10 years of scoring against mackems, or the guy that just got a hat trick in the last league game? :undecided:

Carroll and Shola are both better players than Best. That hasn't changed after one game.

The thing I liked about his hat-trick last night was that, despite the fact West Ham were complete shite, all three were actually very tidy finishes.

Let's get his confidence up a bit more with a start at Stevenage on Saturday, hopefully he can get on the scoresheet again there, then bring him off the bench at the mackems and he'll bag himself another hat-trick...

Honestly didn't think he had a performance like that in him, glad he proved me wrong though. It was a brilliant performance, not only for the hattrick but also winning flick ons, holding the ball up, linking up the play etc.

Guest The_Scoreboard

Don't think I've ever felt as relieved for someone to have scored their first goal for us as Leon Best today.  :lol: I think EVERYONE was urging him to score, probably because they had money on it.

Ive heard from a few people who had best to score first and us to win 2-0 for 45-1.

Best to score a hatrick was 100-1  ;D

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Had some canny silky skills while on the ball, where did he find all that confidence? I felt embarrassed for lovenkrands because best made him look more than amateur!

That little stop and turn he did just before the half way line in the first half!  :smitten:

Loved his calm and composure. He wasn't surprised by what he was doing out there. Seemed really confident throughout. Didn't have any moments that left one tearing out their hair like Shola regularly does, and I wish I could let him know how much I appreciate that.

I thought he started off pretty s*** but he completely transformed after his first goal.

He seems to have the physical attributes in place so a little confidence should make him a decent player at least for now! Happy for the lad!

Took all his goals well, still had work to do on all of them.  Green really should have come out for the first one like.  Didn't think when I looked at my phone when I took my seat to see a load of texts saying "Best starting, fucks sake" that an hour later he'd be leaving the field to a standing ovation after slotting home his hat-trick :lol:

hope him limping off wasn´t serious and that he can play a few games in a row now so we really can see what his future is all about.

Ameobi - wished he retired. that day will be a absolutely fantastic day :celb:

Still think he'll be sold before the month is out.

not so sure now. i think he will be given more chances by pardew (thanks to ranger, too.). He's still a young player, and he did look quite good in pre-season before he got injured. So....