This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

If you take away his goals, he still played exceptionally well alst night. His heading was quite good his footowrk was spot on his desire was there, his chasing down of GK and defenders was all there.

Better performance than any of Shola's in the last few years.

Well done Besty :thup:

I really liked the way he directed his headers at Lovenkrands. Shola's headers can go anywhere, and even Carroll who wins everything doesn't have the best control. While I'd need to see Best against better centre halves he showed a lot of intelligence and nous and Lovenkrands was "loven" it. Thought they worked really well together.

Nice :lol:

Yep, even before he scored me and my dad were looking at each other saying 'he looks up for this and doesn't look half bad'.

The 5th goal was a fantastic flick down the line to Barton. I can't detract anything from that performance.

Couldn't believe my surprise after his first goal when I said 'he deserved that' and realised it was true. :lol:

Totally :lol:

It's not getting carried away to praise him on a good performance.  I don't care if it was West Ham.  He did what he was hired to do last night, and on his first Premier League start.  I don't think anybody is saying that he is the new van Basten, but the praise is completely justified.  He at least has earned a chance.   

It's not getting carried away to praise him on a good performance.  I don't care if it was West Ham.  He did what he was hired to do last night, and on his first Premier League start.  I don't think anybody is saying that he is the new van Basten, but the praise is completely justified.  He at least has earned a chance.   

Aye

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs774.ash1/166451_121354714600752_100001786738971_141624_5899526_n.jpg

Just posted on Enrique's wall with the tagline 'Hello? Is it goals you're looking for?'

f***ing hell :lol: :facepalm:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs774.ash1/166451_121354714600752_100001786738971_141624_5899526_n.jpg

Just posted on Enrique's wall with the tagline 'Hello? Is it goals you're looking for?'

f***ing hell :lol: :facepalm:

:lol:

I guess after the no show against lowly Stevenage, people are changing their mind again?  :dontknow:

Not too much, it's a reminder he won't bang in three goals every game. Everyone was under-par, he can hardly be blamed too much - we gave him nowt but aerial balls. No proper service, as tosh as he was.

I guess after the no show against lowly Stevenage, people are changing their mind again?  :dontknow:

Not at all, Best did nothing wrong. Yes he was substituted at half time but that was because the manager's a fucking twat who failed to grasp that the problem was in midfield.

If you take away his goals, he still played exceptionally well alst night. His heading was quite good his footowrk was spot on his desire was there, his chasing down of GK and defenders was all there.

Better performance than any of Shola's in the last few years.

Well done Besty :thup:

I really liked the way he directed his headers at Lovenkrands. Shola's headers can go anywhere, and even Carroll who wins everything doesn't have <b> the best control. </b> While I'd need to see Best against better centre halves he showed a lot of intelligence and nous and Lovenkrands was "loven" it . Thought they worked really well together.

:coolsmiley: intentional pun?

I like him tbh, if we could get a bit more confidence in the lad I think we would have a decent player.

Never going to tear up trees but could be useful. West Ham showed what he can do with a bit of confidence even if they were abysmal. He seems to get himself into very good positions but panics (like the chance he put just wide today) if we could calm him down he could score a few. Was the same as last year when he was "the worst player ever!" he was getting some decent chances but was unlucky/took them too early.

More than happy to keep him. We definitely need a quality striker (which is why I don't want Bothroyd) but I think Best is definitely worth putting some effort into.

It seems that Best lacked the confidence during opportunities he could have buried the ball today. Riding off his hat-trick though, he was somewhat useful and won us vital set pieces which I was impressed by as we would usually lose position trying to pick the pass.

If Carroll is out for any longer, I wouldn't hesitate to keep him in the starting eleven. As Cajun said, improved confidence in Best will reap dividends for the team.