Newcastle United 5 - 1 Cardiff City - 05/02/10 - post match reaction from p22

Dave

Just got back from the match loved the game but i sat in the leazes and found it incredibly repetitive tonight especially the dont care about ashley one

If you dislike people chanting then sit somewhere else, or better yet don't attend matches - you won't be missed  O0

Never understood how anyone can complain, it's not as if the LC is the only place you can get tickets, infact it's quite the opposite since it sells out for most games whilst other areas are left empty...  :whistle:

Just got back from the match loved the game but i sat in the leazes and found it incredibly repetitive tonight especially the dont care about ashley one

If you dislike people chanting then sit somewhere else, or better yet don't attend matches - you won't be missed  O0

Never understood how anyone can complain, it's not as if the LC is the only place you can get tickets, infact it's quite the opposite since it sells out for most games whilst other areas are left empty...  :whistle:

You sound like a straight up douche to be honest.  Get over yourself man.

Cardiff... In-form...  ;D

What a game/result, i didn't expect it like many, but what a f***ing performance, easily our best yet - with width.  :frantic:

:clap:

You need to keep a little context, good result, but if you listen to Dave Jones comments you will see they were down to the bare bones of their squad, Mcphail is just recovering from cancer treatment. Cardiff are always a funny side because they have a small squad and rely on accademy players at times, still good win, your big squad will pay dividends during this hectic period.

What a game/result, i didn't expect it like many, but what a f***ing performance, easily our best yet - with width.  :frantic:

You need to keep a little context, good result, but if you listen to Dave Jones comments you will see they were down to the bare bones of their squad, Mcphail is just recovering from cancer treatment. Cardiff are always a funny side because they have a small squad and rely on accademy players at times, still good win, your big squad will pay dividends during this hectic period.

We are Newcastle fans, we do context better than anyone else in the game.  I was nervous at 3-0 with 30 mins left.  We have been well schooled in avoiding complacency.

We are Newcastle fans, we do context better than anyone else in the game. I with 30 minswas still nervous at 3-0 left. We have been well schooled in avoiding complacency.

I'm the same. At 3-0 I was already mentally preparing myself for the disppointment of drawing 3-3 :lol:

excellent for Loven would of been nice for him to get a hatrick, did Caroll do much else following his goals (still think he's not as great as he thinks he is) what formation for the next game hopefully not as in prevous away games.If this hasn't brought it home to Houghton then nowt will.

We are Newcastle fans, we do context better than anyone else in the game.  I with 30 minswas still nervous at 3-0 left.  We have been well schooled in avoiding complacency.

I'm the same. At 3-0 I was already mentally preparing myself for the disppointment of drawing 3-3  :lol:

Same. :lol:

I can remember bugger all apart from the goals. I know I enjoyed it though. :lol:

We are Newcastle fans, we do context better than anyone else in the game.  I with 30 minswas still nervous at 3-0 left.  We have been well schooled in avoiding complacency.

I'm the same. At 3-0 I was already mentally preparing myself for the disppointment of drawing 3-3  :lol:

Same. :lol:

I can remember bugger all apart from the goals. I know I enjoyed it though. :lol:

Not quite sure what happened on my original point at the top.  Think I must have accidentally downloaded a programme to anagramise my posts.

'Bare bones'. We were without our main three  defenders, our captain, Joey Barton, and top goalscorer. Maybe instead of blowing £5m on Chopra he could have built a bigger squad to cope with injuries.

'Bare bones'. We were without our main three  defenders, our captain, Joey Barton, and top goalscorer. Maybe instead of blowing £5m on Chopra he could have built a bigger squad to cope with injuries.

>__________>

You sound like a straight up douche to be honest.  Get over yourself man.

How the fuck does he sound like a douche. And more the point why the fuck are you using that word?

He's 100% correct. Fuck me your not allowed to go to the game and chant an sing? If that's the case I'd better not go any more. Or go and sit in the east stand.

I'm sorry like, L7 does have a fair share of charvas etc, but it's the best atmosphere in the ground and the only place in the past 5 years that generates an atmosphere. Yes that 'we don't care about ashley...' song went on for a while but it's nearly been 2 seasons in the same seat and even though the football is toss, it's good banter and a good chance to get behind the lads. If you don't like it, don't come?

Was a great night, a result we needed and hopefully we kick on from here. It's amazing what playing players in their correct positions can do, Simpson was more confident coming forward with a proper right winger in front of him and Guthrie is a much better player in centre midfield - even if his passing was a bit erratic at times.

Harper - Not much to do, no chance with the goal

Simpson - Got forward more, great cross for Carroll's 2nd.

Paddy Van - As near enough a direct replacement for Enrique as you're going to get.

Hall - He's massive and akward, and his head is a funny shape because headers come off at all angles. That said he keeps everything simple and it's effective. Can see him being a cult figure.

Williamson - Awesome again, commanding.

Routledge - Quick and direct, I like. Played a lush ball with the outside of his right to Carroll that led to the OG, and a nice ball through for Lovenkrands for his first.

Guthrie - Just sat in the middle of the park and kept things ticking, but also competed well

Nolan - Best from him in a while, but not spectacular. Did the captain things well.

Jonas - Usual from Jonas, lots of running and committing defenders, even better now teams can't put 3 on him.

Best - Good control, tidy player but he doesn't look like a goalscorer. We'll see, I'm not sure we'll see the best of him with Carroll

Carroll - Good awareness for the first, great header for his second. Won everything in the air just about and will never get better chances for a hat-trick, but he was shit at Leicester so he needed this performance or else he might have been in bother.

Lovenkrands for the World cup ?

Any danes on here?

or is that a stupid question.

Don't expect to see him there.

I think he has the same problem as when first coming here; not comfortable enough when playing one of the wingers in our 4-3-3 formation and not good enough to be battling for the main striker position.

Never say never though, but he definitely needs to be involved in some friendlies soon to be considered at all.

Guest toonlass

Bugger off man. You didn't even see the game so how can you say "keep a little context"? That was the best performance I have seen from Newcastle for over 2 years man. We have been playing like shite for so long, surely we can celebrate a fabulous team performance. I don't know about anyone else but before the game I was expecting us to have a hard time against Cardiff. And as for saying Cardiff are down to the bare bones, we had Enrique, Steven Taylor and Colocinni out ffs. We were immense tonight and the game and atmosphere was fucking class.

williamson - played 3 full 90mins in a row after such  a long time without a first team game - really impressed.

jonas - played well but sometimes you need to beat your man just the once and stick in a cross.

was sat right behind loven for his second goal - seemed an impossible angle when he it!

Guest The_Scoreboard

Bugger off man. You didn't even see the game so how can you say "keep a little context"? That was the best performance I have seen from Newcastle for over 2 years man. We have been playing like s**** for so long, surely we can celebrate a fabulous team performance. I don't know about anyone else but before the game I was expecting us to have a hard time against Cardiff. And as for saying Cardiff are down to the bare bones, we had Enrique, Steven Taylor and Colocinni out ffs. We were immense tonight and the game and atmosphere was f***ing class.

This. Also for the comments about the singing in L7, get a  grip its one of the reasons  fans goto  games  - the atmosphere, the singing, the banter with away fans (who I thought were gonna be vocal at the start of the game but were just hacked off after 16 mins). personally I thought it was great we kept that chant going so long - and I'm not even a Charva

I think :rolleyes:

The other day i commented on how i though Williamson's positional play might get found out, however i must say i was totally wrong.

I'm so tempted to go overboard with how good i think this guy could be. He reads the game so well, is brilliant in the air and technically very sure.

At this moment in time, i haven't seen a weakness but it's early days.

Fucking excellent game this, Gallowgate was bouncing throughout, especially second half. Great atmosphere, good performance.

Harper 7 - did everything required of him, no chance with the goal

Simpson 7 - fine on return and what a ball for Carroll's header

Williamson 8 - colossus

Hall 7 - won virtually every header

van Aanholt 7 - lost the ball a few times but on the whole did well

Routledge 7 - radio apparently gave him man of the match, fair enough he assisted Loven's first, but it took him an hour to actually try and beat his man for pace

Guthrie 6.5 - fine

Nolan 6 - improved of late but still off the pace, some good tackles and showed well attacking in the second half

Jonas 6.5 - bit of a mixed bag, did very well defensively and the usual good runs without any end product

Carroll 8 - have slated him lately but he looked bang up for it today, heading improved and inches from a hat-trick (the og)

Best 6 - not really involved, booking was harsh and missed an easy header

SUBS

Lovenkrands 8 - magnificent, what a finish for the second goal, it looked impossible from behind the goal

R.Taylor 6 - slotted in fine

Kadar 6 - read R.Taylor

Hughton 8 - picked (Carroll apart) what would have been my pre-match selection, but fair play to him, as we finally had good width and balance on either side. Substitutions on the whole made sense too, correctly removed Best and gave Loven a game.

Oh, and it was brilliant hearing

"Chopra, what's the score? Chopra, Chopra, what's the score?" getting airings throughout the game, and also the mass booing whenever he touched the ball (which he didn't even do second half) was class too.

All in all a great night.

Bugger off man. You didn't even see the game so how can you say "keep a little context"? That was the best performance I have seen from Newcastle for over 2 years man. We have been playing like s**** for so long, surely we can celebrate a fabulous team performance. I don't know about anyone else but before the game I was expecting us to have a hard time against Cardiff. And as for saying Cardiff are down to the bare bones, we had Enrique, Steven Taylor and Colocinni out ffs. We were immense tonight and the game and atmosphere was f***ing class.

I would suggest a few people posting on here did'nt see the game, as I said good result for you, but as I said keep it in context, Cardiff have a very decent first twelve players but they are very thin after that, thats why they always have great results one week and bomb out the next, been doing the same thing for the last four seasons or so.

PILKO-

Can't agree on Routledge. His all round game was superb last night.

The first corner (which led to the goal) came from his running, the second was because of his through ball, the third was from Simpson (who looked better because of Routledge) and the fourth was his assist.

Added to that he was constantly either coming in field and get involved or trying to beat his man for pace. He showed a masterclass on how to give your opposite number a hard time, he also could have got a goal himself.

I would suggest a few people posting on here did'nt see the game, as I said good result for you, but as I said keep it in context, Cardiff have a very decent first twelve players but they are very thin after that, thats why they always have great results one week and bomb out the next, been doing the same thing for the last four seasons or so.

i wonder why a west brom fan is on a newcastle forum telling us to keep perspective. i would concentrate on making sure your team secures 2nd place rather than worring about us.  O0

PILKO-

Can't agree on Routledge. His all round game was superb last night.

The first corner (which led to the goal) came from his running, the second was because of his through ball, the third was from Simpson (who looked better because of Routledge) and the fourth was his assist.

Added to that he was constantly either coming in field and get involved or trying to beat his man for pace. He showed a masterclass on how to give your opposite number a hard time, he also could have got a goal himself.

I thought his all round game was good (and to be fair I was in the Gallowgate, so I only saw the fourth and fifth goals up close) but I didn't really see him actually trying to beat the fullback for pace until about 55 minutes in. He looks promising though, certainly Simpson looked better for having a natural right winger in front of him as you say. The ball for Loven's first was exquisite too.